The Ecliptic Projector..

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lancefighter
x4

The Ecliptic Projector..

Post by Lancefighter » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 04:38

So it occured to me.. that there are no ecliptic projectors in the galaxy anymore!

Im here wondering if its still useable as per x3r standards - projecting that cool little grid so I can align myself.. I dont remember seeing it in the commands list, but that may be because im not really looking.

But anyway - Can it be added back to x3tc, and will it be useabe?

(note - this partially comes from the AHD thread, as it uses it to do something, but i also want it back for its primary use)

Alternatively.. adding stuff to a station is easy enough, can I just go through in the SE, and make a setup script that adds one unit of ecliptic projector to each argon ED?

andrewas
x3tc

Post by andrewas » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 11:02

There was a mod that put it back.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219656

As far as I can find, there is no english thread for this one, but it works like any other false-patch mod. Extract into your X3TC folder and rename 05.dat/cat to ... 10, I think, for an unmodded installation with patch 2.1

Draesk
x3tc

Post by Draesk » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 18:10

Hey, daft question. I found the ecliptic projector through the cheat menu in 2.1, but I've found no documentation as to what it actually does, and the item's information is pretty vague. I couldn't find any hotkeys in the controls menu that would explain it either, nor anything in the manual. So, what is it? :)

Edit: While I'm at it, what is the sector camera supposed to do in the sector map when you've got an Adv Sat out? It makes the map view lighter, but doesn't appear to really do anything.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 18:36

It shows a blue gridwork (flat on the x axis) of a limited size. It was useful in foggy sectors and if you got disoriented combat.

Draesk
x3tc

Post by Draesk » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 18:40

Ah, I see, thank you. Is there any way to activate the projector that is available in the vanilla 2.1?

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 20:56

Draesk wrote:Ah, I see, thank you. Is there any way to activate the projector that is available in the vanilla 2.1?
No. Without a Mod it won't work.

crusader58

Post by crusader58 » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 01:13

andrewas wrote:There was a mod that put it back.

As far as I can find, there is no english thread for this one, but it works like any other false-patch mod. Extract into your X3TC folder and rename 05.dat/cat to ... 10, I think, for an unmodded installation with patch 2.1
This maybe helpful to anyone who wishes to read something written in another language .... when on the page you wish to read ...copy the url (all of it) and paste it into Google Translate ... then click the link that it generates in the translation window and HEY PRESTO the whole page and all linked pages appear in ENGLISH (or the language you chose to translate into)

Hope this helps

Crusader58
'better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not'

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 01:19

crusader58 wrote:

This maybe helpful to anyone who wishes to read something written in another language .... when on the page you wish to read ...copy the url (all of it) and paste it into Google Translate ... then click the link that it generates in the translation window and HEY PRESTO the whole page and all linked pages appear in ENGLISH (or the language you chose to translate into)

Hope this helps

Crusader58
English-ish. It's not perfect, especially with technical terms.
I fly Terran for the accents

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 01:20

crusader58 wrote:

Hope this helps

Crusader58
Well...thanks for the tip and all but did you really need to resurrect a 3 year old thread to tell us that!?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”