upgrade repair laser

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

flyawaygibbon
x3tc

upgrade repair laser

Post by flyawaygibbon » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 03:42

is there a way i can upgrade my repair laser on my astronot? as great as it is that he has it im just sick and tired of sitting here pressing the button or setting up something that the button gets held and i can do whatever

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 03:55

I just put my cellphone on CTRL button and go read a book, watch TV, make a sandwich or whatever.

I need to rethink this method though cause people get pissed when you tell them you didn't answer your phone cause you were repairing your space ship with it.
Where is it?

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 03:59

lol. well you can always eject your sata drive, pick it up in your spacesuit, then hold down ctrl and j until your ship is repaired. You just have to buy a new sata after. Has saved me multitudes of time repairing that 2% hull damage from the MD's on my m7 lol
Plays on the Monolith from 2001
X3 Mogul, EXTREME
TC Mogul, Legend
AP Master Industrialist, Battlemaster
XR WTF, WTF

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 04:02

SETA. Ejecting your SATA drive might do bad things to your PC :p.

If you want quicker repairs, you can always use a shipyard.

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 04:15

uh.... doing computer repair today... seta......
Plays on the Monolith from 2001
X3 Mogul, EXTREME
TC Mogul, Legend
AP Master Industrialist, Battlemaster
XR WTF, WTF

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 05:04

Carlo the Curious wrote:SETA. Ejecting your SATA drive might do bad things to your PC :p.
Isn't SATA actually Hot-Swapable now? As long as your OS, X3, and Swap Files are on a different HDD, it *might* be fine to eject your SATA drive during repairs. I don't see any benefit to it though.
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:A wasp can sting you and that just hurts, a hundred stings can be fatal.. and that's before you consider most wasps don't come armed with flamethrowers.
Former Commanding Officer of "Hellbound Handbasket" M7 Panther light Carrier in the mighty fleet of Admiral Leo 'Steve' Kayean.

Bubbinska
x3tc

Post by Bubbinska » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 07:11

Mobile Ship Repairs mod adds in ship-mountable repair lasers, which lets you equip, say, a TM like a Magnetar with them, and repair your ships with that. Alternately, try the Auto Aim script, which lets you define a hotkey to "repair". Eject, press the hotkey and then activate SETA and your dude will automatically fire repair laser until the ship is repaired, and it even gives you a nice little bit of Betty Voice to tell you when it's done.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”