[TC] Corporation gifts.........anything interesting out thier?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sn4kemaster
x4

Corporation gifts.........anything interesting out thier?

Post by Sn4kemaster » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 10:32

Well i am very busy at the moment doing the OTAS missions ( didnt think it would require this many missions :o ) and getting close to getting the Venti ( :D whoop whoop) but what else can you get from say completing the Duke Buccaneers missions or any of the others Corporations, have they been done? is there a list?, by doing different starts saying the unholy traitor would you get different gifts from the Strong Arms Corporation ?

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 13:17

Medusa Prototype is hot stuff.
Where is it?

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 13:27

I myself am an OTAS regular but usually stop after the Venti because I can purchase the next top level reward and use it to make much more profits than I would working to get the free one.

I've also worked for Plutarch & Johnferco, as both will eventually give up the keys to a Heavy Centaur P.

I think the Dukes will give a Medusa P ... but I've never worked for them.

PTNI will give a Kite Vanguard .... it's only an M4, but more like an M4+++.

Terracorp gives the Nova P at mid range reward, and a version of the Eclipse for the top spot. I stopped after the Nova P ... only needed a player ship, not an AI one.

I've never worked for Atraeus ... their top reward is a copy of a free ship you can just claim, and all are Boron vessels, for which my character does not breathe water, so does not fly. When I do decide to start as Boron, I'll play as those are the only ships my character can fly or have.

Here's a link to a thread with all of the rewards spelled out.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... d&start=30

QuitSmokin
x3tc

Post by QuitSmokin » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 17:21

Getting max rank in OTAS takes longer than maxing rank with all the races put together whats that all about.

You can cap a Venti anyway so why would one do 100 OTAS missions?

Seleucius
x3tc

Post by Seleucius » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 18:03

The Medusa-P can launch Typhoons, which is a bit nice. Only ship smaller than M6 which can.

The Enhanced Kea (3rd NMMC) has the largest cargo bay of anything that can dock to M1/M7/Hype/TL/TM.

And nope, doesn't matter what start you pick, it's always the same rewards.

@QuitSmokin: -All- the corporation rep grinds are that slow, unfortunately. I could only stomach NMMC and slooooowly working the last few Duke's ranks personally.

jdoggyfu80
x3ap

Post by jdoggyfu80 » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 19:37

Advanced Mamba is one the best ships in my game. The loadout capacity of 8 HEPT's has saved my ass more than once. Shielding is excellent in my opinion and its pretty quick and agile, only downside is the smallish cargo bay, but you learn to live with it. Do the Strong Arms tasks to get it.
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Stalin

"Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life." - Confucius

"Blood alone moves the wheels of history." - Benito Mussolini

hsung
x3tc

Post by hsung » Sat, 11. Jul 09, 06:10

Baddieus wrote:PTNI will give a Kite Vanguard .... it's only an M4, but more like an M4+++.
Despite having great shields, the Kite Vanguard is a disappointment because its laser energy is only 546 ... good for the 6 IRE's only :(

JrK
x3tc

Post by JrK » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 15:57

Say, do those mission reward ships start with random stuff/tuning like the Hyperion or Kea you can get in the Poisoned Paranid/Tormented Teladi starts? This would make the missions particularly interesting.
God is in the rain.

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 16:16

Nope, the rewards are fixed. Mostly these are unique ships, though.

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 16:20

JrK wrote:Say, do those mission reward ships start with random stuff/tuning like the Hyperion or Kea you can get in the Poisoned Paranid/Tormented Teladi starts? This would make the missions particularly interesting.
What are the requirements to get the poisoned Paranid start?

JrK
x3tc

Post by JrK » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 16:38

Finishing the Tormented Teladi first quest.
God is in the rain.

York Bro
x3tc

Post by York Bro » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 19:00

topic swerve :D

playing a non-cap game, ..and wondering if the Medusa P and Venti present in OmicronLyrea(sp) sector early game are cappable or plot related (FinalFury) ?
i`ll hang the ringleaders for mutiny
who are the ringleaders
every fifth man

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”