Repair Laser for sale?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spikegifted
x4

Repair Laser for sale?

Post by spikegifted » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 15:12

I'm kinda getting tired of jumping out of my ship to get repairs done on cripled/damaged/pilotless ships, with the repair running out of juice in no time. I have checked that nearly every ship can handle Repair Laser, but I don't seem to find any place selling them. Where are they?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 15:15

You cannot in vanilla. They share a weapon slot with the MDS and tractor beam. It is the MDS that the ships can actually mount in most cases. BY the way, the repair laser repairs just as fast when out of juice as when charged - just keep firing.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 15:21

Unless you want to sell for maximum profits,you can still repair them at any shipyard.

Many of us have come up with ways to hold the [Ctrl] key down.

MrOmniscient

Post by MrOmniscient » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 16:48

Its also become apparent to me that CMod3 or whatever it is I've added to my game makes the spacesuit's laser recharge rate higher, to sustain laser... so that makes it a wee bit quicker.
If you don't want the modified tag, jumping back in and out of your ship instantly recharges the laser to 100%, thats what I used to do.

spikegifted
x4

Post by spikegifted » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 16:54

Thanks, folks. My PDA does a good job on the Ctrl key, thankfully. However, I just want to be able to quickly mend my ships, at lease the M6 or smaller ones, quickly on the go rather than sending them off to shipyards and pay for the repair. The jump-in / jump-out routine seems worth a try. Thanks.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 16:59

It is honestly not worth the hassle. The laser repairs just as fast when low on energy. Each time you fire the laser you get a slightly different repair rate throughout that burst and that gives the impression of different methods giving better or worse rates. You would be better just to fire the laser and if you seem to be getting a good repair rate, then just keep it pressed and wait it out.

What can work
Spoiler
Show
at the expense of a SETA is to eject your ship's SETA, pick it up in the suit and then repair on SETA. YOu lose the SETA when you get back in your ship though.

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 19:04

Mobile Ship RepairsIs nice if you don't mind using scripts. I have a Dragon fitted with eight.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

spikegifted
x4

Post by spikegifted » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 21:26

Jeraal: Awesome! Thanks for the script! I'll definitely give it a try. Cheers.

mike2R
x3tc

Post by mike2R » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 18:37

You can also
Spoiler
Show
eject the SETA from one of your ships and pick it up in your suit, then if you keep the 'j' key held down along with Ctrl you can repair at x10 speed. You lose that SETA afterward though and have to buy a new one.

I had a TL to repair from 20% (first cap, next time I turn turrets off!) and I weighed down both keys and left it for a little while.

Going to check out that script myself though..
Last edited by mike2R on Wed, 8. Jul 09, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 18:51

@ Mike2R: You need to spoiler your first paragraph in this forum. Same as I did when I covered it above.

mike2R
x3tc

Post by mike2R » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 18:57

Alan Phipps wrote:@ Mike2R: You need to spoiler your first paragraph in this forum. Same as I did when I covered it above.
Done, although I see it as more a lesser-known game mechanic than a spoiler.. In the eye of the beholder I guess.

Edit: oh and I completely missed your post when reading the thread, sorry, not sure quite how I managed to do that. :oops:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”