X3R - Gamma PPC bullets - graphics issue

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dmrogers
x3ap

X3R - Gamma PPC bullets - graphics issue

Post by dmrogers » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 21:34

Hi

I'm not exactly sure which forum this query should reside in but here we go...

I have a problem with the white "blob" that represents gamma ppc fire in X3 Reunion. When I first load up my game, and open fire with gamma ppc I can see clearly a stream of white bullets heading off into the distance. Similarly any enemy gppc fire is easy to see as well.

However, after a few minutes the gamma ppc "blob" becomes distinctly less clear to see - its gone from a bright white to a sort of blue colour which I can only make out if I zoom in on the scenary using video goggles. This makes dodging incoming enemy fire very difficult! It seems that the gppc bullet sprite is switching from "bright" to "almost invisible" after a couple of minutes play.

Does anyone have any clues on how to resolve this issue? Is it a graphics problem?

I recently replaced my motherboard and CPU and reinstalled everything. On my previous system this issue never occurred. I'm also running the XTM mod.

Thanks

{(now) duplicate post locked - Carlo}

jlehtone
x4

Re: X3R - Gamma PPC bullets - graphics issue

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 21:41

dmrogers wrote:... I'm also running the XTM mod.
At which point we say that we cannot possibly know whether a mod like that is the cause. Therefore, you should start the "search&ask" from the XTM technical questions thread.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”