Auto SETA turn-on when entering sector (if entered last gate with SETA on)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mrsack
x3tc

Auto SETA turn-on when entering sector (if entered last gate with SETA on)

Post by mrsack » Sat, 11. Jul 09, 19:19

Is there a script to have SETA re-enable itself when entering a sector if the gate was entered with SETA on? This way long travels without a jump drive go faster and SETA doesn't need to be manually enabled each sector.

Thanks!

Osiris_sam
x4

Post by Osiris_sam » Sat, 11. Jul 09, 19:57

afaik there is no interaction between the script engine and the SETA functionality, so, sorry but this is not possible.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 11:41

Only thing that comes to my mind is this (I'm not exactly sure is' completely correct):

1) Every time the player ship enters a new sector the signal "changesector" is fired
2) A script could intercept this signal and write a (possibly empty) log file on disk
3) A background program uses a Windows hook to get a signal when such log file is created (to avoid unnecessary polling)
4) When such signal is fired the background program consumes (deletes) the log file and sends a "j" keystroke
5) This would happen every time the player changes sector so there should be a way to switch it off (perhaps using one of the additional command slots in the command console of the player ship ?)

Dunno if this is feasible or not, could someone comment on this ?
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 12. Jul 09, 14:18

BlackRazor wrote: Dunno if this is feasible or not, could someone comment on this ?
it is feasable yeah, the custom gui i made for X3R can already do that.

i do plan to recreate it for X3TC sometime

DevokNZ
x3ap

Post by DevokNZ » Sun, 21. Aug 11, 07:55

sorry to bump

Is there anywhere I can download that custom gui or a tutorial on how to make your own?

SETA that turns on after a sector change would be fantastic.

Next great thing would be able to buy energy cells of transporters/ships in general

Thanks.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 21. Aug 11, 13:45

im still working on the custom gui, its included with the latest plugin manager, but its not fully working yet

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”