3 Interesting things in Terran Conflict.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IceFire909
x4

3 Interesting things in Terran Conflict.

Post by IceFire909 » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 20:41

So now that I've played for a total of 4 days so far I've noticed some odd things.

1: Some pirates comm window shows a Goner (like Jani Hall who commands the Goner Carrier) and the name above the comm window says 'Unknown'...

2: When ever my UT's are trading in Terran space (mainly in Uranus or Neptune) they get blown up...I'm using Mistral SF's or Mercury SF's to UT so I get the feeling it's because they aren't Terran ships. But seriously, it's not like I'm cruising around earth, I figure it's the ATF blowing them up since they're paranoid beyond belief.

3: ATF and USC hate eachother. Seriously, what the hell, I was in Heretic's End not too long ago and there was a Terran transport flying out the North Gate and I see its target square flashing red, so I target it, F3 it...no pirates/khaak/xenon... I check where the shots are coming from.

IT'S A VALI!!!

I decide to cruise past since a Kestral would kinda get owned, but what the hell!? Why are the ATF blowing up USC ships?
Incoming Message (4 New Messages)
Your Xenon K has Blue Screen of Death'd.
Your #deca CPU ship has 404'd.
Your Xenon P was docking and has stopped responding.
Your #deca.cefa has limited or no network connectivity.

Gazz
x4

Re: 3 Interesting things in Terran Conflict.

Post by Gazz » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 20:46

IceSilver wrote:I decide to cruise past since a Kestral would kinda get owned, but what the hell!? Why are the ATF blowing up USC ships?
Maybe someone had a typo in the comms?
X3 terrans are paranoid xenophobics, kinda like the Warhammer 40k imperials.
The slightest hint of a taint must be eradicated. No pity, no mercy, no remorse.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 20:49

A collision is enough to set off a fight between two factions. Terran space has two, as you note, so that's why those guys were fighting. Still, that seems a bit odd :)

There are a few Goner animations that turn up as pirates. With the right voice too, so its not an accident. Someone obviously thought it would be fun to have a few good guys gone bad.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Vanguard3000
x4

Post by Vanguard3000 » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 21:44

Maybe it's not a Goner. Maybe it's just a guy with a thing for robes.

Seriously though, I've seen that too. I have Pirates set to "friend" via my global commands, and I tried contacting a Pirate transport, it turned red, and Mr. Unknown came on screen, robes and all.

5c0rch!
x3tc

Post by 5c0rch! » Tue, 14. Jul 09, 04:04

I've also noticed you can't get Mr Robe to bail at all, he also doesn't call for help or drop freight. He only seems to appear in pirate transports (not the undercover ones, but the Pirate TS)

I thought it was a bug since he is an unknown object. I mean even if he is a Goner gone bad he would still have a name.

Maybe he was captured by pirates and subsequently lost his memories whilst also somehow becoming captain of the ship? :wink:

Abscon
x3tc

Post by Abscon » Tue, 14. Jul 09, 04:57

Look Mr Robe can be explained its actually very simple he's unknown because he wants to be and he left the girl Suzie on that station..... :P
The X3tc Mantra
Trade...
Fight...
Build...
Think...
Steal everything that's not bolted down...

IceFire909
x4

Post by IceFire909 » Tue, 14. Jul 09, 12:44

so Mr. Unknown is either:

A) is the father of the Argon girl Suzie.

B) Is a UFO

Mr-Ten-Percent
x4

Post by Mr-Ten-Percent » Tue, 14. Jul 09, 13:12

He could be the pilot for the shuttle to ringo moon, after 5 or so years I'm sure the passengers would want a quiet word. :lol:
Intel Core i5 4670k@4.4Ghz, Asus AMD R9 290 Direct CU, MSI G45 Gaming Motherboard, 2x4GB GSkill TridentX 2400mhz DDR 3 , 500GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2Tb Seagate HDD, Creative Z Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Belgarath
x4

Post by Belgarath » Tue, 14. Jul 09, 13:19

The Xenon ships are always piloted by "Unknown." Maybe it's a ship that is being AGI/Xenon controlled and they just have a 'Pirated" video that they broadcast if you try to contact the ship.

I know!! It's a spy ship that's cruising around gathering intel and preparing for an invasion!

:P
The new PC I just built for myself:
i5-13600k, 32GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3060 12GB
It'll do until I can upgrade the graphics card.

IceFire909
x4

Post by IceFire909 » Tue, 14. Jul 09, 15:53

EVERYONE QUICK, GET OUT OF THE UNIVERSE!!! HUMAN FORM AGI!!!

5c0rch!
x3tc

Post by 5c0rch! » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 19:27

OH S**T ITS REPLICATORS ALL OVER AGAIN!!1! :o :o
A nuke a day keeps the enemies at bay! - Golden Wisdom
There is a thin line between meaningful posts and spam... I like to think I walk that line everyday.

EnderIII
x4

Post by EnderIII » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 20:30

IceSilver wrote:EVERYONE QUICK, GET OUT OF THE UNIVERSE!!! HUMAN FORM AGI!!!
Quiet!

If the Terrans find out they will shut down EVERYONES gates this time!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”