FAA Bug

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Psirus
xr

FAA Bug

Post by Psirus » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 22:20

Is there a quick fix for the FAA bug? Something I can do in the heat of battle that will quickly and efficiently solve the dilema?
Plays on the Monolith from 2001
X3 Mogul, EXTREME
TC Mogul, Legend
AP Master Industrialist, Battlemaster
XR WTF, WTF

AleksMain
x3tc

Re: FAA Bug

Post by AleksMain » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 22:40

Psirus wrote:Is there a quick fix for the FAA bug? Something I can do in the heat of battle that will quickly and efficiently solve the dilema?
Unmount FAAs, then mount them again. It can help you.

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 22:50

I have tried that, doesn't seem to have much affect though.... AQC is also disabled. Funny thing is that it seems to affect all flak-type weapons in the sector. When my FAAs stop working, all the starbust shockwave cannons on the NC ships also seem to stop working correctly...
X3 Mogul, EXTREME
TC Mogul, Legend
XR WTF, WTF

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 22:56

I prefer use non-FAA weapons only since X3 Reunion, but here some thoughts of such type:
Alan Phipps wrote:Ah but that's another point. Reloading a docking autosave or insurance save made when the bug was operating (and even with closing/restarting TC) does not usually fix it for me whereas jumping or changing sector always seems to - even if only temporarily. It's as though a 'no-Flak-damage' flag is being set when somehow triggered that can survive in a save game but is reset on a jump/sector change (unless something then triggers the condition again). I have often thought this was why people thought it was the insurance save that was responsible for triggering it. I have never been able to clear it by using turret commands or by swapping out weapons, but then maybe the symptoms and triggers are different on different set-ups. Who knows?

@ JFJohnny5: I've had the bug appear in a relatively quiet sector with a few Kha'ak while FRAPS was telling me I had over 100 fps.

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 23:12

X3 Mogul, EXTREME
TC Mogul, Legend
XR WTF, WTF

unimatrix0030
x3tc

Post by unimatrix0030 » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 00:19

The thing that works(read it on the forum and tried it) is to set all turretsorders to none.
Then save, then exit the game and reload the save.
After that don"t forget to put em back on again!
It has something to do with salvage insurance saves when the turrets are on.
Also saves where at the moment the FAA are firing could be bugged.

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 08:55

and sometimes it has nothing to do with saves at all and the bug wil just happen regardless.
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 10:35

dalin80 wrote:and sometimes it has nothing to do with saves at all and the bug wil just happen regardless.
Then use HEPTs, PACs or other same weapon.

What is the difference ?

Just name ?

Let think, that half of the time you are without FAA(or with bugged).
If we will replace it with other weapon without bug, we will be sure that our ship will be dangerous for all enemies in any time.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”