Xenon Invasion Mission Question X3R

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Marblecatdog
x3ap

Xenon Invasion Mission Question X3R

Post by Marblecatdog » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 07:20

I've done a bunch of Xenon Invasion missions and I was beginning to wonder what happens if I have friendly ships (ships owned by myself) helping me. If one of my ships kills a Xenon do I still get paid for that kill or do I only get paid for kills I make individually? And this is in X3 Reunion if you didn't catch that, thanks!

nazza
x3tc

Post by nazza » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 08:29

IIRC you'll get paid for all ships destroyed whether by yourself or by your owned ships.

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 10:16

Also what I got notice, is in Getsu fune, I did the mision and they gave me 6 million CR for kills, and in one of split sector, dont rememeber which one, I did the same quest and they gave me only 800.000CR for 18 kills :evil:
Thise splits are very mean.....

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 10:43

XI rewards are mostly based by the type of ship destroyed - if you want high rewards, be sure to wipe out the capital ships. Xenons destroyed by NPC helpers do not count.
Right on commander !

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 10:52

Search: Invasion, XI

Split have always been polite to me. Getsu Fune just happens to spawn an additional K for you to kill, and killing K scores about 5.8 mil, while an L is mere 60k.

You do get rewarded for the kills by your ships. But you do get Combat Rank points for personal kills only.

For a period I had five Centaurs loaded with Typhoons, and used the "GMS Group Launch Missile" hotkey to get five Typhoons lauched at my current target. You can rather rapidly spam doom that way at all four/five K's that you'll see at Xtreme combat rank. But it was rather boring, so I resorted to doing the job personally. :split:

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 11:10

jlehtone wrote:But it was rather boring, so I resorted to doing the job personally. :split:
It's more fun to zoom past on afterburner, presenting each one with a gift-wrapped Hammerhead :).

N4N
x3tc

Post by N4N » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 11:15

oh now i see the difference.
One question, does those quest repeats? Because last time, I didnt had tome to reach the K, the NPC kill if very quick :shock:

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Thu, 16. Jul 09, 11:33

There are about 2-3 XI per game day (not always at the same place).
Right on commander !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”