[TC] about mines (Squash /Ion /Tracker /M-AM)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Killjaeden
x3tc

about mines (Squash /Ion /Tracker /M-AM)

Post by Killjaeden » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 18:44

TRACKER-mine
Ion-mine
M/AM-mine
SQUASH-mine

are the mines in TC
Damage is equal range seems to be equal too. They have the same explosion effect and look all the same. Behaviour is also the same.
Damage at ground zero: aprox 75K (=75MJ shields or 75k hullpoints)
Damage 500m: aprox 50K
Damage 1200m: aprox 18K
Damage 1250m: aprox 15K

They explode if a target is about 700m (beware that your cockpitposition is not the exactrange between you and the mine) away so they will never deal maximum damage if they are activated. You can deal more damage if you activate them if the target is near /remote explode it. They wont move towards the target. It takes 1-2 seconds between the explosion and the damage.

Not activated mines can be safely picked up like anything else (cargocontainer, lasertowers, sattelites). All mines in the sector can be deactivated by open the commandmenu of a mine.

If you want to create a minefield 1,75km is the minimum range between mines otherwise they will all explode if someone hits a mine.
Last edited by Killjaeden on Mon, 30. Nov 09, 00:03, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Shadowfront

Post by Shadowfront » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 19:26

TRACKER-mine
Ion-mine
M/AM-mine
SQUASH-mine

are the mines in TC
Damage is equal range seems to be equal too. They have the same explosion effect and look all the same. Behaviour is also the same.
Someone's been real lazy :roll:

So in general they do <50k damage at 750m? Some mines.
Never got to using them myself, but a cerain mission in X2 made me CURSE them.
***Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality.***

LocTheToker
x3tc

Post by LocTheToker » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 22:16

yeah dont squash mines blow up friendlys too i dont really use them but i thought i read that...

Shadowfront

Post by Shadowfront » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 22:28

Yep, when armed they kill anybody. Terran mines were supposed to have Friend-Foe identifier, but instead ALL the mines are exactly the SAME as it seems.
***Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality.***

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sun, 19. Jul 09, 00:14

If ANY objects comes into the 700m range the mine (no difference between the 4 types) will explode.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 19. Jul 09, 02:05

Yeah. Finally a use for spaceflies.
Live minesweepers!

Blatantly stolen from Overlord 2 where your ship can not pass a floating minefield.
However, if you panic the herd of fluffy baby seals and chase them into the water...
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”