X3 TC - Paranid Invasion of Home of Light? Argon response - diddly squat!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Neil Depledge
x3tc

X3 TC - Paranid Invasion of Home of Light? Argon response - diddly squat!

Post by Neil Depledge » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 15:34

Paranid Task Force (PTF) - Zeus + 16m3/4, an Oddy and 2 Ares enter HoL. Defence force of 2 T'corp Centaurs quickly obliterated. Argon response = nowt. PTF swans about taking out odd station and all Argon transports in system. Couple of T'corp Centaurs appear and are taken out. PTF continues swanning, taking out Trading Dock & 2 CBs - still no response!! At last, a Colossus + 24 M3/4 appears at West Gate from sector 148 and merrily flies across to the East Gate enroute to Elena's. No attempt to interfere with PTF who take the opp to take out T'corp HQ. Both SWPs are being repeatedly blown up and respawned, PTF is down to the Zeus and the Oddy, only 1 Cfab left in system and it's taken up 8 hours so far. Questions - will T'corp HQ respawn ? :roll: Will Argon react ......... eventually? :oops:

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 15:44

Terracorp HQ will respawn.

Whether the Argon will react or not... that's anyone's guess. I have my own ways of making them react... but that's a trade secret.

To be honest, I'm surprised that the full Terracorp defence fleet hasn't jumped in yet. I think it consists of like a carrier, bunch of fighters, and two cerberi. Considering they're homebased to the HQ, you'd think they'd protect it....
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 15:53

argon_emperor wrote:...
Whether the Argon will react or not... that's anyone's guess. I have my own ways of making them react... but that's a trade secret...
One of the ways to bring capital ship - send hired TL into Home of Light.

At least you will see new fight, or if you will send those TL back to Argon Prime with Paranids behind it - this will be show too.

P.S.
You can command to it something like: "follow me ... "
Last edited by AleksMain on Mon, 20. Jul 09, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 15:57

Actually, mine just isn't vanilla flavored, which is why I didn't bother saying what it was...

But if you can get an Argon ship to be attacked (a hired TL is probably good for this), they *might* react, it all depends on whether or not the military ships decide to change their friend or foe settings.

If you can get the Paranid ships over to the Argon military ships, and have them have a few shots at you, then you can start a fight if you dodge the shots and they hit the Argon ships instead, (especially if you cause the main ship to be hit), as the friend/foe setting will be switched.
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 16:01

@A_Emp : good to know as I haven't finished T'corp 'missions' yet. I am making profitsss from having 3 merc trans collecting all the dropped wares and they dont get bothered. I do, however, have in sector a Boreas on patrol for enemies and an EqD with a Tiger and Panther I moved in for if ...... I know I can take them out but I have several colonies in Rhonkar's Trial, Sacred Relic and Perpetual Sin so I let it continue. Appeasement a la Chamberlin? :P

Prutz0r
x3tc

Post by Prutz0r » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 17:09

I've been having the same problem, but even stranger. In my current game, there's a paranid Oddy and a Deimos plus an assortment of fighters in HOL, but they only destroy the orbital weapon platforms. There was a Zeus too, but I guess that was destroyed. They've been around there for about a full 2 game days, but they only start blasting the other stations when I jump IS. Didn't know the Paranid were out just to impress me.

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 17:22

@ Prut : glad to know it's not just me :wink: I reloaded it and to test the effect I flattened both with my Tiger - Oddy first. He didn't go red until his shields were half gone (and i had no marines on board - damn). The Zeus was straight red but no problem. The upside - 7IBL and odd tat; the downside - dropped from 24-Honour Guard of Xaar to a lowly 68-Desecrator of HL. They didn't attack my ships or stations, sats in 7 sectors were taken out, all ships in P core sectors went red BUT I could still start some on-station marines training :? How weird is that?

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 17:29

IIRC, attacked stations should be signaling nearby military outposts... that's the only form of RRF. Perhaps their ships are dead or busy. Maybe the Paranids blew up a station or two on their way to HOL and smeared the military patrols on the way.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Prutz0r
x3tc

Post by Prutz0r » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 22:29

might be, though there's been an argon titan and a collossus in argon prime all the time, never moving. I'm not in the mood yet to take them out, want to outfit my newly acquired kraken first. It's got boarding pods, but no missiles. Meanwhile I'll just steal a couple of Hyperions. Some payback for those dirty blues.... eehm, paranid.

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 12:48

Went back to before I took the PTF out. Update:
Zeus finally took out by a Titan + friends on their way to BHS
Hired to place Boron Cfab in HoL with profit 4.6m – Oddy takes it out 1 hour later
Minotaur + friends pass on way to Elena’s – Minotaur passes, friends taken out
Plutarch Cerberus splatted on way home to OB
Quick scan of Paranid sectors to South
- no Argon ships in those sectors :?
- also only 3 ‘main’ stations in P Prime !

Finally, a ‘co-ordinated’ response:
Minotaur + friends from East; HCP + heavy Centaur from North
Plutarch Cerberus from South, 2 T’corp Centaurs jumped in
Result – Oddy goes ‘Blues Brothers’ and sees the (Holy) Light!
I then ‘find’ 5-IBL and assorted bits to value of circa 6 mill.

PTF was in system for about 12 hours and it appears to have been a revenge attack for, quote “an unwarranted attack on our home system by the treacherous Argons”.

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 14:12

Neil Depledge wrote:PTF was in system for about 12 hours and it appears to have been a revenge attack for, quote “an unwarranted attack on our home system by the treacherous Argons”.
Any attack on the Three Eyes is warranted in my book! Though I should note that I am at "Seeker of the Holy Light" in my current game...

:EDIT: IIRC a fleet "should" be dispatched if hostile forces are seen by a race "Recon" M5
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:A wasp can sting you and that just hurts, a hundred stings can be fatal.. and that's before you consider most wasps don't come armed with flamethrowers.
Former Commanding Officer of "Hellbound Handbasket" M7 Panther light Carrier in the mighty fleet of Admiral Leo 'Steve' Kayean.

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 14:56

@Tiedyeguy : PTF in my post stands for 'Paranid Task Force' NOT as you may think 'Paranoid Tiedyeguy's Force'. :lol:

dcampos

Post by dcampos » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 15:56

Sorry for the stupid question, but these events are random or you have to trigger that?

I know that the Terrans always shoot at Split or Paranid ships, but full sector invasions I have yet to see...

Neil Depledge
x3tc

Post by Neil Depledge » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 21:10

@dcampos: I think they are random but it's the second time in 3 new starts that Paranid have taken out T'corp and cleared HoL. cheers, Neil

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”