3 TC Q's -> Missile Defense, Yaki Rep & Deplot Satellite Network :

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

exogenesis
x4

3 TC Q's -> Missile Defense, Yaki Rep & Deplot Satellite Network :

Post by exogenesis » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 01:15

What's a TCQ ?

Re-learning X3 after re-starting TC recently, looked around a bit,
but am I understanding these three things right?

1:
Missile Defense combines "Protect Ship" and "Missile Only"
So with Missile Defense does the target get switched (from a ship) to a missile if one is fired (at you),
or does it stick with the current target until it's destroyed ?
(that's also a problem with turrets generally?).

2:
The only way to raise Yaki reputation is to do non-combat missions for them ?

3:
The Deploy Satellite Network command still drops multiple sats in the same sector ?
(or was that fixed)

More mis-understandings to follow probably....

Aino
x3tc

Post by Aino » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 10:31

Never had any real experience with 2 or 3. All I have seen Yaki offer me are the "Destroy this and that trade convoy in sector X". But when it comes to missile defense:
All turrets stop firing when a missile is fired at you (no matter how far away it is from), and fire at "missiles only" until none are incoming, and then they resume shooting down enemy fighters etc. I have been buzzing around for quite a while in an M7 with 11 FLAKs equipped. Even they shoot down enemy missiles just fine (although in such a big ship I prefer to keep turrets on attack enemies so they shoot faster, only switching to missile defense when I'm getting "firestormed").
The prismatic flight. Glow with us.

Prutz0r
x3tc

Post by Prutz0r » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 10:44

As for point 3, yes, but only if you issue the deploy sattelite network more than once. I still don't really understand that command anyway. You can enter a starting and ending sector and your ship ends up deploying sats in all of known space.

Ferdilance
x2

Post by Ferdilance » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 10:54

1. You can increase your rep by destroynig any "enemies" in their sector. At some point you will be able to comm a station even if it dosent let you dock and do missions.

2. I have found the quickest way is to do build missions in sectors under their control & use the pirate station in O' Storm to hack them once built. Then do their missions.

3. As for the Sat network I have only instructed my ships to deploy a network and they keep going until they cant find anymore Adv Sats to buy. If you tell it to notify you once mission is complete you can manually resupply it with more.
Peace through superior firepower

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 14:40

Excellent answers, thanks for the info.

I might actually make some better progress now :)

btw loving the 'scan all asteroids in sector' command,
really helping using a remote Disco Raider.

Oh, and I capped a Blastclaw Prototype,
but, apart from the extra cargo space, I couldn't
get a good feel with it compared to my stock Nova Raider.

Unless I'm missing something there.

One last thing, the Phase Repeater Gun,
can't see it's any beter than PACs, looks prettier,
but seems so similar (to PAC) that I can't figure it's higher 'status'.

edammer
xr

Post by edammer » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 16:04

PAC V PRG.

PRG has higher:-
projectile speed (double)
Fire rate (double)
range
Hull damage / s
Shield damage / s
Volume (4 v 1)
Cost (100k more)

Assuming this has not changed recently.

Gazz
x4

Re: 3 TC Q's -> Missile Defense, Yaki Rep & Deplot Satellite Network :

Post by Gazz » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 17:30

exogenesis wrote:So with Missile Defense does the target get switched (from a ship) to a missile if one is fired (at you),
or does it stick with the current target until it's destroyed ?
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 76#2798776

PRG is one of the best lasers in the game. Completely supersedes anything up to and including HEPT.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Zypherg
x4

Post by Zypherg » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 23:32

for 2. if there are no pirate stations in range you can kill the paranid patrols (or any commonwealth ships) that go through yaki sectors, not as fast but effective, also if you finished the HUB you can redirect traffic into thier sectors and kill them for rep, the yaki hate everyone so all kills give rep except yaki kills ofcourse :P
Spoiler
Show
hmm now that i think about it the new Xenon sector east of terran unknown sector 2 has regular xenon traffic and could be redirected to any race's sectors for rep ... i think i found a new expolit lol
Split say:"you fly with too little speed, or too much weed"

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 03:16

That about covers it Gazz, cheers, sticking to Missile Only from now on.

Wanna keep my Paranid rep up too, so I'll leave them alone,
guess that leaves missions, my nearest Pirate Base is in Duke's Vision,
possibly too far from Yaki realm for hacking?

Whats a HUB ?
(no don't answer that, I'm a loooong way from that as yet).

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 03:35

Gazz wrote:PRG is one of the best lasers in the game. Completely supersedes anything up to and including HEPT.
Not quite always.

I think HEPT is more energy efficient, PACs are better in turrets because PRGs don't fire fast enough under AI control, and PBEs have far greater anti-shield capacity and make excellent capping weapons, althouggh their range is limited. Ammo based weapons have their obvious advantages even if they don't do as much damage.

In general it's a good idea to pack PRGs on most ships because they are a very useful weapon, but they aren't always the best one for the job.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 12:10

Chris0132 wrote:Not quite always.

I think HEPT is more energy efficient, PACs are better in turrets because PRGs don't fire fast enough under AI control
Hept are a bit more energy efficient but PRG have about 5 times the bullet speed...
HEPT completely loses it's advantage if not fired at something M7 sized.

And the turret ROF only depends on the turret script you use.

and PBEs have far greater anti-shield capacity and make excellent capping weapons, althouggh their range is limited.
I said up to and including HEPT. PBE do twice the (shield) damage of HEPT so they are a good deal above.
Of course bigger is better. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 01:07

Gazz wrote:....
HEPT completely loses it's advantage if not fired at something M7 sized.....
I disagree. HEPT's are very effective in the player's hands against M3's and M6's. And the HEPT is also an excellent first strike weapon, far superior to the PRG, IMO. One of my favorite tactics against groups of enemies is to race away, turn and wait for them. When the first one is just out of HEPT range, I start firing. It'll often be dead before it gets a shot off. PRG's can't do that. Due to the combination of scatter and tiny bullet size, most PRG shots miss until they're fairly close.

I see this all the time when an NPC Elite charges me. They start firing as soon as they come into PRG range, but the bullets fly all around me without a single hit. That PRG-equipped Elite dies from my HEPT fire before even denting my shields. By contrast, if an M3 packing HEPT's did that, and I didn't move quickly, I'd be in big trouble.

My personal experience is that PRG's, in most cases, supersede PAC's. But HEPT's are only superseded by EBC's. For a quick kill in an M3, I'll take HEPT's over PRG's any day.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”