[Spoiler] Omicron Lyrae mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Boogle
x3

[Spoiler] Omicron Lyrae mission

Post by Boogle » Fri, 13. Feb 04, 21:38

Has anyone else found that the framerate in this mission is absolutely shocking? I thought this mission was going to be godlike with the 'Hurry quickly the Khaak are invading!'. Bit of action for my Titan then....

But the framerate quickly falls off a cliff, and seems to be dead. I have changed the graphic detail down to minimum, but the framerate hasn't really improved (if at all).

My specs:

P4 2.53Ghz
GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
1GB PC2700 (Dual Channel)
RAID 0 SATA HDs (2x 160GB Maxtors)

Ravein
x2

Post by Ravein » Fri, 13. Feb 04, 22:07

I have't got up to that mission yet, but I have noticed that when you have alot of ships in a sector, the computer does slow down alot-to the point where I will have one frame per 2 seconds (given, I am playing on a laptop)I don't know how many ships spawn, but I once spawned 130 novas (mine) VS. 260 Orinocos (pirate). I gave up after a minute.

My advice-
1. go to the task bar and shut everything down that you can. Chat clients, program icons, antivirus, everything. X2 is a memory and CPU hog, and you nedd as much memory you can get. If you feel paranoid about viruses getting on your computer, disconnect the internet.

2. Defrag.

Since you already have set eveything down to minumum, I won'y have to tell you to turn of AA at the driver level, going for 16 bit color over 32 bit, ect.

Faze
x2

Post by Faze » Sat, 14. Feb 04, 00:14

Did that mission no problem with frame rates.

XP2800+
FX5600 (256meg)
1 gig 3200

Cant understand you should have no prob on that setup.

:p
No point in running.
You will just DIE tired!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”