X3TC: mkii fighter drones

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Christopher lawless
x3

X3TC: mkii fighter drones

Post by Christopher lawless » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 22:38

does anyone know where , or if i can sell fighter drones mkii, i bought some from a drone factory in cloudbase hoping to make a little profit on the stations large supply of them and have found that nowhere seems to buy them?! :evil:

Flector
x4

Post by Flector » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 22:50

I think you can only sell them at Atreus Headquarters.

By the way, I don't think the :evil: was in order here, as you should have made sure that you can sell the stuff somewhere (and at a profit off course).
X2: Advanced Magnate, Ace of Aces 1st grade ~ X3R: Master Economist, Crusader
X3TC: Magnate, X-TREME ~ X4F: Salesman, Harmless

Christopher lawless
x3

Post by Christopher lawless » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 22:53

i made a bad asumption that anywhere that buys ordinary fighter drones would buy them, sorry.. great good hours of travel for me now, at least ill map a lot of sectors

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 22:59

Or you could use them on your ship(s) as a mobile defense force. They do quite well at that. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Christopher lawless
x3

Post by Christopher lawless » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 23:00

Nanook wrote:Or you could use them on your ship(s) as a mobile defense force. They do quite well at that. :)
lol i considered that but since im down to about 300 credits the only thing worth defending on my frieghter right now is the fighther drones

Flector
x4

Post by Flector » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 23:05

I should warn you though, that Atreus HQ has a capacity for only 10 MK2 drones! And to make things even worse, it may have a full stock of MK2's already.

Sorry to say, but basically it's going to take a very long to time to convert your drones back into money...
X2: Advanced Magnate, Ace of Aces 1st grade ~ X3R: Master Economist, Crusader
X3TC: Magnate, X-TREME ~ X4F: Salesman, Harmless

Christopher lawless
x3

Post by Christopher lawless » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 23:14

lol i have no other choice, will have to wait that out it its a problem lol,

cheers

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 00:30

Actually, you do have other choices. You could take cargo missions. Or you could hang around sectors where there's combat going on and collect any loot that drops. Or you could even sic those MK II's on small pirate patrols and pick up the loot once the pirates are dead. Think of your TS as a pocket carrier and those drones as its fighters. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Bany

Post by Bany » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 14:16

Cap some ship, put drones in its cargo sell it on any shipyard. You could also use them in future to get rid of some enemys in hard missions thats awaits you. Especialy in FFury one. They works great in defending command.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 14:23

Drones are very efficient helpers for stealing ships, too.

You can order them to "attack shields" - but only one by one in vanilla.
Since their lasers are relatively weak, that results in little to no hull damage.

It also keeps your "hands free" to deploy the marines. The target ship does not even see you as an attacker so you can board capital ships with no more than a wimpy TP. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 24. Jul 09, 21:15

Gazz wrote:Drones are very efficient helpers for stealing ships, too.

You can order them to "attack shields" - but only one by one in vanilla.
Since their lasers are relatively weak, that results in little to no hull damage....
He's got Mk II's which are packing PAC's. These can be quite damaging to hulls if you're not careful. They're actually quite adept at killing things. :fg:

irR4tiOn4L
x3tc

Post by irR4tiOn4L » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 19:29

Words do not describe how annoyed i am after spending 3 mil + several more for the advanced drone factory and resources to build these stupid things, and now to find out at that you cannot sell these!

This is beyond stupid. With a factory like that, i dont see why its in the game

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 19:34

irR4tiOn4L wrote:Words do not describe how annoyed i am after spending 3 mil + several more for the advanced drone factory and resources to build these stupid things, and now to find out at that you cannot sell these!

This is beyond stupid. With a factory like that, i dont see why its in the game

Using them on your own ships as additional defenses or distractions for boarding ops is anything but stupid. Besides spending 3mil+ is chump change, a penny in the bucket if you will, given how easy it is to make money. What else do you plan do with the money, hoard it?

irR4tiOn4L
x3tc

Post by irR4tiOn4L » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 19:55

If youd like to enlighten me on how i could whip up 4 mil then please do so. After approximately two days of game time i rarely see missions worth over $300 000. This stupid station has cost me at least 4 hours of setting up (real time) and will cost me even more to make back what ive lost

I dont think its anywhere near small change considering this is my first station (along with a silicon mine). That took half my money. Whats stupid is that there is a factory (not a particularly fast producer either) that produces a product noone buys

Now ill have to scrounge up everything i have to put a crystal fab on that silicon mine instead. 3 mil down the drain

EDIT - You mentioned boarding - how can i use them at least there? Ive never managed to make an M6 eject, so i figure ill learn to board with these useless things instead
Last edited by irR4tiOn4L on Sun, 16. Aug 09, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

Gswine
x3ap

Post by Gswine » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 20:07

I really dont see why your grumbling about these drones. You now have an almost unlimited capacity to attack other ships and defend yourself. Just be glad that you didn't set up a frieghter drone factory cos you really would have had nothing to use them on or anywhere to sell them! You may only have 300 credits right now but once you have some traders running around for you you'll be glad of the supply of drones defending them. In the long run you will have saved loads of credits and the time used supplying and replacing fighters.

If your really straped for cash then set your resources to sell and make some money from the sillicon mine you've set up.
She was right. Selection B4, His most recent hit, 'Nowhere Nuthin' ****-up,' a sentimental number.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 20:50

Gswine wrote:I really dont see why your grumbling about these drones. You now have an almost unlimited capacity to attack other ships and defend yourself. Just be glad that you didn't set up a frieghter drone factory cos you really would have had nothing to use them on or anywhere to sell them! You may only have 300 credits right now but once you have some traders running around for you you'll be glad of the supply of drones defending them. In the long run you will have saved loads of credits and the time used supplying and replacing fighters.

If your really straped for cash then set your resources to sell and make some money from the sillicon mine you've set up.
Ahem I accidentally brought a freight drone factory and they sell like hot cakes, in fact I've never seen more than 1 in stock any time I've checked on it :)

Oh and my M7 Tiger would be in severe trouble if it didn't have it's 10 freight drones to keep it supplied :D
Last edited by shireknight on Sun, 16. Aug 09, 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 20:50

Gazz wrote:It also keeps your "hands free" to deploy the marines. The target ship does not even see you as an attacker so you can board capital ships with no more than a wimpy TP. =)
Not in my experience - the ships I was boarding with my Angel were certainly shooting back, even after I deployed drones to keep the shields low while the marines were cutting through the hull.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 21:46

After seeing the boarding guide recommending using drones I went around the three fabs making MKIIs and now have 40 of them for my Hyperion. I'm wondering how many drones I should ideally carry in it :?:

RandomBandit
x3tc

Post by RandomBandit » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 23:14

irR4tiOn4L wrote:...Whats stupid is that there is a factory (not a particularly fast producer either) that produces a product noone buys...
:o -you are kidding right??? Not every station HAS to sell stuff to the AI. I have never seen my Laser Tower complex sell a single one but I have used hundreds of the little things...Drones, in the thousands. Your lack of recearch, in-game OR on the web, caused your problem. You should have spent that money on a two-station food complex, it is real hard to NOT find a buyer...that one is obvious without any out of game knowledge needed.

Anywho, you are learning, and in X3 that can be a painful process. Despite the pseudo-rage of my first paragraph there, DO try some food complexes or a solar power plant (in a sector that has a crystal fab). There are other less obvious ones too. A 1mj plant will never fill its stock they sell so well.

Good luck and don't freak out when little things happen...cause they WILL happen again. :D
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

Ryuujin
x3

Post by Ryuujin » Mon, 17. Aug 09, 02:52

Worst comes to worst get yourself the MARS fire control system ( http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=217470 ) - it micromanages drones in ways that'll make you weep with joy and you'll never want to SELL a drone again.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”