Reducing frequency of PBE/PBG and other questions...

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

imperium3
x3tc

Reducing frequency of PBE/PBG and other questions...

Post by imperium3 » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 15:16

Just a few questions as I am just starting to mod my game...

Is there a way to reduce the likelihood of NPC ships spawning with PBG/PBE? Trouble is pretty much anything that can carry them, does, and it really irritates me!

On a (possibly) more complicated note, how would I go about making FBL/CFA actually useful? Or has anyone done this already?

Many thanks in advance for all advice.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 16:08

Is there a way to reduce the likelihood of NPC ships spawning with PBG/PBE?
mmmh... i haven't found different ways than removing it from the installable weapons. I'd love to do what you asked too. :D
FBL/CFA actually useful
the thing that screws them is the fact they have a bullet that splits into other bullets... you need to play around with them to find out imho.
has anyone done this already?
Cmod3 has converted some weapons, added cool effects/sounds and so on. It is not a fix though....
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

Gazz
x4

Re: Reducing frequency of PBE/PBG and other questions...

Post by Gazz » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 17:28

imperium3 wrote:Is there a way to reduce the likelihood of NPC ships spawning with PBG/PBE? Trouble is pretty much anything that can carry them, does, and it really irritates me!
Assuming you script a weapon replacement, how would you go about balancing it?

If an enemy ship encounters your ship and you are using PBE, are your PBE going to be replaced with PAC or something like this?
(based on whatever chance you assign)

If you only disarm the enemy but can freely use the "super lasers" yourself, that doesn't sound right.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Sat, 25. Jul 09, 18:10

The idea would just be to increase the variety of weapons enemies use. I don't mind some pirates being flamethrower-wielding maniacs because that's pretty cool. Trouble is that at the moment, they all are, which makes life in an M3 (or M6) pretty short.

I'm not disarming the enemy, only trying to make them more varied, interesting, and above all not so bloody lethal. In any case, I don't use PBG at all (tried it but found the range too short) and only use PBE for boarding (it does barely any hull damage so useless on its own for general combat).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”