[MOD] PSCO1's CockpitMod v1.33 for X3TC v3.1 (update: 13.09.2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joshua the Bear
x4

Post by Joshua the Bear » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 16:40

I have also tried to let the game stay 'unmodified' (which I assume means that the word ***modified*** does not show up in the player profile) with your latest 1.32 version you posted 2 posts back. However, it did not work. I did, however, enabled it trough the mod manager, instead of using it as a fake patch.

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 16:51

just gave this a run , the new M3 Cps are fab , I feel proud to fly with a nova know !
your desine choices are cool and they look like they would if ego maid theme and sometimes even maik me think of BTF !
good look for the continuation on your mod :)
Splits , for the better things in life...

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 23:32

Thanks The Last Communist and Slashman for your support

there is a little problem on the M4+ Asp (about weapons screen) this will be fixed on next update
I have also tried to let the game stay 'unmodified' (which I assume means that the word ***modified*** does not show up in the player profile) with your latest 1.32 version you posted 2 posts back. However, it did not work. I did, however, enabled it trough the mod manager, instead of using it as a fake patch.
Have you tried to re-install X3TC 3.1 before ? I can't help you more sorry

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 23:03

just tested this version of the mod , cool work that gloom and shine with the specular up 999 looks gr8 ! i feel so cool in an nova know...
keep up the good work !
Splits , for the better things in life...

DarthVain
x3tc

Post by DarthVain » Thu, 11. Aug 11, 08:50

Greetings PSCO1

Is there a way this can be made compatable with the Multi Galaxy Mod?

http://forum.egosoft.de/viewtopic.php?t=297475
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Thu, 11. Aug 11, 10:55

Hi

Tutorial on OP, good luck :D

danoakland
x4

Post by danoakland » Wed, 17. Aug 11, 18:21

Joshua the Bear wrote:I have also tried to let the game stay 'unmodified' (which I assume means that the word ***modified*** does not show up in the player profile) with your latest 1.32 version you posted 2 posts back. However, it did not work. I did, however, enabled it trough the mod manager, instead of using it as a fake patch.
After looking into things for a while, I just wanted to clarify some things about the modified tag and this mod.

The whole 'unmodified' thing above intrigued me, too, so I gave it a whirl (and yeah - that 1.32 one you posted earlier still comes up **modified**, PSCO1). Here's the thing...as far as I can tell, anyway: you can't modify the gravidar, hud info, Components.pck or TShips.pck. By deleting all that out, you can indeed get the mod to run without the modified tag, but the problem is that it's not even close to the actual mod. Gone are all the cool new cockpits that PSCO1 has spent so much time on. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is just what I've found after playing around with things last night.

It would be great to not have a modified tag since this mod is in no way changing the game's balance. But at the end of the day, I'd rather have awesome cockpits.

As always, PSCO1 - you do great things. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Mr_Blastman
x4

Post by Mr_Blastman » Fri, 2. Sep 11, 00:12

Does this mod include bump-mapping support for the cockpits and also work in Reunion + X-Tended?

the bump-mapping I refer to is similar to this thread here:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=165380

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Sat, 3. Sep 11, 04:28

Hey PSC01,

I was wondering if your mod is compatible with the Transcend II mod.

If it is...I'd like to try out Transcend II with your mod along for the ride.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 20:49

Hey PSCO1, thanks for continuing to work on this fantastic mod. I wouldn't play the game without it.

Unfortunately whenever I try to update to this new version from 1.30, the game freezes a few seconds after I load a save game. If I revert back to 1.30 it works fine.

I would give you a list of mods I'm using in conjunction but I have a very large list, I've not had issues with them all before, though.

Edit: Actually it's not working with the old version now either :S I did update to 3.1 at the same time as updating this mod, perhaps something else has gone wonky. It did work at least once with 1.30 of this mod, though.
Rawr.

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 10:49

Hum I read the first post on how to run this thing, but with 54 pages in this thread I admit I haven't read everything.

SO I created a folder in the x3 main folder, called it mods. I copied the two files in it, didn't work.

What am I missing?

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 13:16

Nice looking cockpits, I do have one question. Is this compatible with the X3 rebalance mod?

Thanks.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Fri, 7. Oct 11, 05:29

Hellblazer wrote:Hum I read the first post on how to run this thing, but with 54 pages in this thread I admit I haven't read everything.

SO I created a folder in the x3 main folder, called it mods. I copied the two files in it, didn't work.

What am I missing?
Did you select the mod package from the launcher window? That has to be done for the mod to take effect.

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Fri, 7. Oct 11, 07:05

yeah I did. it's the merging part of the post that I was referring too.

danoakland
x4

Post by danoakland » Fri, 7. Oct 11, 16:01

Hellblazer wrote:yeah I did. it's the merging part of the post that I was referring too.
This might be a long shot, but did you try flying into another sector after activating your new merged mod? I've noticed whenever I update this mod to a newer version, it seems like visual changes in the cockpits don't take effect until I enter a new sector. Apologies if you've already tried that...

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Mon, 10. Oct 11, 03:44

You can also install it as a fake patch. Thats naming it as a higher # cat and dat in the main folder. If it still is not showing up then download Xeditor2 and check the tships file in the types folder, and compare the scene listed to the ones in the mod.

Joshkidd

Post by Joshkidd » Thu, 27. Oct 11, 17:27

Help! I place the two files into a folder called "mods" in my X3 : TC directory which is patched to 3.1 and it crashes before the egosoft logo!

ariell
x4

Turn on/off temporaly...

Post by ariell » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 18:08

Is possible to add Turn on/off key for certain combat scenarios? (and with XTC compatibility).

Thanks... This mod gives new immersion levels to the game. Awesome MOD!!!! :wink:

ariell
x4

One more suggestion or idea...

Post by ariell » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 18:22

OK...ok... I know that I'm not the guy that put his fingers in the code :wink: (I'm only at the enjoy side); but I think that an "station docked view", like a room window, with a comm computer on a desk, and looking to your docked ship could add even more inmersion to the game.

Is possible to code that?

Thanks...

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Sat, 10. Dec 11, 23:23

OK PSCO1,

Please tell me that you're planning on porting your cockpit mod over for Albion Prelude!

Give us an official word on it so we can breathe and sleep easier. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”