[MOD] PSCO1's CockpitMod v1.33 for X3TC v3.1 (update: 13.09.2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Fri, 26. Apr 13, 03:02

is your game updated to the latest version?
are you using anny mods that could affect ships?
have you got Xtended?

wrudolph

Cockpit Mod + Xtended

Post by wrudolph » Sat, 11. May 13, 19:08

I was playing X3TC for a long while with the cockpit mod installed. Had no problems.

I then installed Xtended and noticed I couldn't fire any weapons. So I did some searching and found a guy with the same problem. He directed me to this thread to download the cockpit mod patch for Xtended. I did so.

I've noticed though, in my Xtended save game, that I'm still not able to fire weapons. I'm wondering if this is because it's from an old save that was made before installing the patch. Does anyone know of a way to fix my save so that it recognizes the cockpit mod patch? Or do I have no choice but to start a new game?

TheHellHound123
x3tc

Post by TheHellHound123 » Sat, 6. Jul 13, 23:24

I don't get how to install this, please could someone explain it to me, as I have never installed an X3 Ablion Prelude mod before.

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Sun, 7. Jul 13, 00:01

TheHellHound123 wrote:I don't get how to install this, please could someone explain it to me, as I have never installed an X3 Ablion Prelude mod before.
Same as you would with Terran Conflict except you but it in the addon folder.
F signature

koley_boy

Post by koley_boy » Mon, 15. Jul 13, 17:32

first off, great mod, love it

only problem I have so far is when I play x-tended 1.2a it freezes
I downloaded the mod compatible with x-tended but yeah

any ideas??

rmazurek
x3tc

Post by rmazurek » Thu, 22. Aug 13, 21:50

This mod is GREAT. Thanks a lot.

There is only one thing i dislike a little - changed colors. I get the idea - it't glass changing colors. But I prefer the original ones. Is it possible to change it?

Tried to modyfi mod files but it seems they are not text files. Don't know anything about modding (it's my first play in this game and didn't get yet enough bored to start modding).

Thanks in advance for help and once again - thanks for this great mod.

przemo1337
x4

Post by przemo1337 » Thu, 29. Aug 13, 11:03

rmazurek wrote:This mod is GREAT. Thanks a lot.

There is only one thing i dislike a little - changed colors. I get the idea - it't glass changing colors. But I prefer the original ones. Is it possible to change it?

Tried to modyfi mod files but it seems they are not text files. Don't know anything about modding (it's my first play in this game and didn't get yet enough bored to start modding).

Thanks in advance for help and once again - thanks for this great mod.
Yes, it is possible to remove glass tint. Here is how (from the first post in this thread):

Code: Select all

FAQ: 
Can you make versions without the glass tint? 

No sorry, if you want to remove glass tint yourself, use X3ModManager to open my cat/dat, delete or rename those 3 files: 
-tex\true\543.jpg 
-tex\true\1000.jpg 
-tex\true\1001.jpg 

http://x-tools.doubleshadow.wz.cz/ 

Rhoddie
xr

Post by Rhoddie » Fri, 30. Aug 13, 05:45

Hi, First post here but kinda lost looks like with AP 3.0 the mod works, though all of the new ships are not available. It seems as though if the ship wasnt assigned a cp it seems the game leaves them out. For instance Argon Lotan, the ship is not in the game I even tried cycrow cheat and can not cheat those ships in. The only other mod I am using is the 500km comm_range_ap, and I temp used cycrow cheat package to try and figure out where those ships are

viperfan7
x4

Post by viperfan7 » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 09:49

Is there any chance we will be seeing an update to this, or how would I go about changing it to work with the newest update to AP

Skegg

Compatibility with X-Tended 2.2

Post by Skegg » Sun, 15. Sep 13, 18:17

If someone else is wondering, the "X-Tended" version of this cockpit mod is not compatible with the actual version of X-tended (2.2)

It causes weird problems like everyone having only small shields...

I don't know if there is a way to install this without causing these bugs, I don't mind if the new ships don't have their own cockpits...

Edit: After a few tries it seems I've found a way to make it work :
I put the 17.cat and 17.dat files before the Xtended files in load order
To do that I reinstalled the game and updated it to 3.2, I saw the last patch was n°13.
So I renamed the cockpit fake patch 14.cat and 14.dat, and renamed the following Xtended .cat and .dat files by adding 1 for each
14 15 16 –> 15 16 17

So far it seems to be working alright but really I know nothing about modding X3, I just thought xtended would load after the cockpits and thus take priority...
If someone knows for sure that this is completely wrong, thanks for letting me (us) know! (before I spend hours in game again just to find out it's broken :evil: )

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 4. Oct 13, 19:42

I totally love this cockpit mod, I will definitely be using it after I get all achievements and modified tag won´t matter, however I have some problems on X3: Albion Prelude:

-the cockpit of Xenon I is very bad in my opinion, graviradar covers the whole centre of screen and gives a very bad feeling

-the cockpit of Pride of Albion is bugged (try it yourself please), and it should also be very nice if you somehow modelled the real cockpit of Pride of Albion, as we can see it in X Rebirth videos and added it to this mod

-you should copy the luxury passanger room of Argon Express to other TP ships, and maybe add something like that to capital ships

Thanks for your time.

WingC3
x4

Merge with ITS mod

Post by WingC3 » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 17:33

Has anyone merged this with the ITS mod? It seems that development of the two proceeded in parallel for some time. This has resulted in each having ships that the other doesn't.
Has anyone merged them?

SpFiota
xr

Post by SpFiota » Sat, 16. Nov 13, 02:13

Is there a version of this mod for AP that includes all the HUD info, like the second version listed for TC?

jburrowes
x3ap

Post by jburrowes » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 12:21

PSC01 thanks! I've known about the X series for several years but couldn't get into it without a cockpit view. Too bad I didn't google whether the series is moddable.

Now that I feel more like I'm piloting a ship I'm getting into it.

The learning curve is so steep though! Sigh.
Thanks for reading,

JB

Wolfwaffe
x4

Post by Wolfwaffe » Tue, 31. Dec 13, 18:44

Hello,
I don't know if this mod still being updated, or if it was already noted somewhere before in this topic, but I want to make a small contribution to the case. I've discovered a way to add cockpits to the turrets.
[ external image ]
It's in TCockpits file, if looked at with TFiles editor in X3 Editor 2, there is line saying "model scene" and the value is 4512. If it's replaced with path to cockpit scene (in my test case i've replaced it with "ships\argon\cockpits\argon_m4buster_cp_scene"), the cockpit will be there.

I've been trying to make my own cockpit mod, but when i look at this one i kinda realize that from now on it will be like re-inventing the bicycle. So might just contribute to more successful (not to mention - finished) mod by sharing the info i found.

mmixi
x4

Post by mmixi » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 20:37

Hello,

I have a problem with this cockpit mod. I'm using this newest 1.32 version with the latest game update (X3AP 3.1). I bought a Split Pteranodon M2 ship and found an issue that the ship is unbable to shoot...
I tried a lot of things and found that the cockpit mod causing this problem... Do anyone know a way to fix this or another cockpit mod which is compatible with this version?

I'm searching for answers for 5 hours and didn't find any.

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Fri, 28. Feb 14, 23:50

Hello everybody

Long time I've stopped to play X3TC but I decided to replay at this game
By checking my files on the cockpit mod, I realized how It was hard to find 3d files for each cp scene so I began to rename all those files

Also I will swap positions of the "own ship speed" and "target speed" (generaly, own ship infos are on LEFT side and target infos are on RIGHT side thats just why simply)

I am checking for missing textures, bad polys, etc.. for each cp

For the moment here the list of the next update:

-renamed all 3d files

-"argon_m1_cp_scene" : new huds and better polys for the bob
-"argon_m2_cp_scene" : new huds and better polys for the bob
-"argon_m3eclipse_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, HUD fixed
-"argon_m3_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed
-"argon_m4busterID_cp_scene" : the "ID" tag mean "Target ID" displayed on top of the radar screen (the idea is to add this feature for ADVANCED, VANGUARD M4's)
-"argon_m4buster_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, missiles HUD better UVWmap
-"argon_m4elite_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, missiles HUD better UVWmap
-"argon_m4eurus_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, missiles and weapons HUDs better UVWmap
-"argon_m5ID_cp_scene" : same for argon M4's ID
-"argon_m5_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, missiles and weapons HUDs better UVWmap
-"argon_tl_cp_scene" : new huds
-"argon_m6_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, missiles and weapons HUDs better UVWmap
-"argon_m7_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, missiles and weapons HUDs better UVWmap, new 3d, new huds
-"argon_m8_cp_scene" : missiles HUD better UVWmap
-"argon_tp_cp_scene" : new 3d, better polys, new huds
-"argon_ts_cp_scene" : new 3d, better polys, new huds

-"khaak_m4_cp_scene" : new 3d, new huds
http://i61.tinypic.com/11biuef.jpg
-"khaak_m6_cp_scene" : new 3d, new huds
http://i62.tinypic.com/2emjv2x.jpg

-Boron cp's scenes fixed
-Astronaut cp fixed
-Paranid cp's fixed
-Split cp's fixed, missed textures fixed, better UVWmap

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
Last edited by PSCO1 on Mon, 3. Mar 14, 20:09, edited 2 times in total.

Reaves_42
x4

Post by Reaves_42 » Sat, 1. Mar 14, 04:16

Good news. I've used your mod for years.

narn
x3

Post by narn » Sat, 1. Mar 14, 04:51

This is an awesome mod. I support this 100%.

Reaves_42
x4

Post by Reaves_42 » Mon, 3. Mar 14, 14:06

Any chance you will be updating your version for XRM?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”