[TC] High Tech Trader indestructible TP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kapakio
x4

High Tech Trader indestructible TP

Post by Kapakio » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 11:52

I spotted the other day a High Tech trader (I think it was a Toucan) and realized that it hadn't any race letter in it's code name (it just started with TPXX-XX), so I enter in the Info screen and realized that it has no pilot, but it's moving.

So, I jump into the sector (Merchant Haven) and scanned. Nothing out of normal. Tried to comm, but of course, no pilot, no response. So, let's see if it bails, start to shoot and the hull don't go below 93%, hence, undestructible.

I finished all plots (except the PHQ) in my current game, and I don't remember a TP the first time I did the PHQ plot

Has anyone seen something similar?
Last edited by Kapakio on Tue, 28. Jul 09, 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

cip

Post by cip » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 12:57

I had exactly the same TP in Merchant Haven. Indestructible. You can ignore it. It's a bug i think.

Bany

Post by Bany » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 13:55

I can recall situation similar in one of unknown sectrors with some "no pilot" figter moving around. Maby even in Yaki sectors. Just cant remeber where exacly.

Shadowfront

Post by Shadowfront » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 18:23

I posted here somewhere about how I got myself an immortal Truelight Seeker. Now that I think of it, it may be that it was in this "no pilot" condition when I boarded it. It had no shields, so I didnt have to shoot it, just sent in the marines, so I dont know if it was indestructible at the moment. But it sure IS indestructible now, hull never drops below 93%. Have it docked somewhere, turns out an indestructible ship aint that fun to fly, LOL.
***Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality.***

yelgrun
x3tc

Post by yelgrun » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 18:34

try fry it with ion, see if it bails, then maybe it will still be immortal so you can RE it, then use them as UT. :D

Shadowfront

Post by Shadowfront » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 18:45

Well, how will the pilot bail if he's sort of... absent? :D

Hm, gotta test if my TLS is immortal OOS too. I dont wanna fly it myself, but I like the UT idea, heh. Gotta throw it in a Xenon sector on it's own sometime and see.
***Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality.***

X1000

Post by X1000 » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 19:34

Shadowfront wrote:I posted here somewhere about how I got myself an immortal Truelight Seeker. Now that I think of it, it may be that it was in this "no pilot" condition when I boarded it. It had no shields, so I didnt have to shoot it, just sent in the marines, so I dont know if it was indestructible at the moment. But it sure IS indestructible now, hull never drops below 93%. Have it docked somewhere, turns out an indestructible ship aint that fun to fly, LOL.
But it is a good ramming thingy. Charge!!!

===============>llll

Shadowfront

Post by Shadowfront » Tue, 28. Jul 09, 23:02

Yep, been doing that for a while while testing it out, ramming Qs and stuff :roll: gets old quick enough when they cant do nothing to ya... Besides, you can just use god mode or something and make a good ramming ship outa anything )))

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 02:59

Have it docked somewhere, turns out an indestructible ship aint that fun to fly, LOL.
Load it with Gauss ammo and take out Torus. I had some fun there on Mahi's dolphin but the only usable thing it can mount is RGW and I did not have enough of them to do any serious damage at that time.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”