[TC] Gate Realignment

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

acook59
x2

Gate Realignment

Post by acook59 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 00:42

Hi guys,

Just repaired the power generators and now i'm to realign the gates. Its asking me to select a gate, what exactly does this all mean? That the gate it choose will automatically be redirected to he xenon hub? If i can only select one gate and then wait 2 hours for the next, how do i connect say omicron lyrae and home of light?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 00:46

Gates are connected in sets (i.e. 2) so you can be the median between two sectors. It doesn't connect one half then make you wait, that would kind of ruin the reason why it exists.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 00:51

At this point you can connect two sectors via the hub.

To explain if you select Argon Prime North Gate - the hub is inserted between Argon Prime and Herrons Nebula.
You can not select Argon Prime and Kingdoms End (despite what you are told).

So - with that in mind - check what you need to supply to the hub and then look at what might be the best connection.

Later you can re-connect or even connect new gates. However for now and for a long time the first connection you make is very important.

acook59
x2

Post by acook59 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 00:53

Any hints on first connection? I don't mind jumping in my mistral super freighter to it to be honest

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 00:57

I recall posts saying you need to connect to a certain pair of sectors for the plot to continue, but I may be wrong.

yelgrun
x3tc

Post by yelgrun » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 01:03

I think only one, for example I choose east gate in home of light, then wait for 5 minutes to realign, then hub sector get to be between home of light & president end as west gate in president end get to enter hub sector.

X1000

Post by X1000 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 01:47

What ever sector you prefear to connect to.

And you dont have to connect to a certain one for it to continue.

Gswine
x3ap

Post by Gswine » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 16:53

The gate alignment is really up to you but you shold have a look through the last 20 odd pages of the forum as there was some interesting ideas on this subject. Really though you should be prepared to do a lot of hauling products as the boron is going to give you a shopping list. You may want to start thinking about station construction if you havent tried already

I am still collecting for the last shipment of product taken me ages and I have several mega complexes!

The gate relaignment will not join omicron and home of light but will place the hub sector between an existing gate connecton so home of lights north gate to adlana hill will 'place' the hub between Home and hill
The first gate alignment I made
Spoiler
Show
Was Ceos Buckzoid / Teladi Gain well away from pirate or zenon and lots of avaliable mines for product collection and good (busy) trade routes from there.
Hope this helps some.
Just be ready to work for the final reward. The mission start is called journey into hell after all
She was right. Selection B4, His most recent hit, 'Nowhere Nuthin' ****-up,' a sentimental number.

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 20:36

I would suggest a cloudy sector with lots of space and lots of asteroids, as you'll need to build some big complexes for the shopping list the boron will give you.
If you build the complexes in cloudy sectors, your framerate won't suffer as bad as wide-view sectors.

I've selected the North gate of Circle of Labour (just below the Terran sectors) as it's a quiet sectors (Xenons don't pass here), it's a foggy sector and has much space to build complexes.
Also Asteroid Belt is closeby with lots of asteroids.
So my Hub's first gate set is connected between the North gate of Circle of Labour and the South gate of Heretics End.

I've placed my complexes in Circle of labour near the edges of the sector.
This way they are well out of range when flying in this sector and won't impact your framerate, as the fog is dense enough to render your complex invisible from afar.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”