no prototype matter/anti-matter launcher in the TCockpits laser select list

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Anubitus
x4

no prototype matter/anti-matter launcher in the TCockpits laser select list

Post by Anubitus » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 02:15

hey hey..

noticed something strange, i was playing around with some TFiles and i noticed that sometimes i cant see all missiles in the add missiles to ship list and some lasers are missing from the TCockpits file, namemy the add lasers to cockpit list.. (no prototype matter/anti-matter launcher for example) any idea why this is..? any idea how i add these lasers to a cockpit..? many thanks..

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 06:43

Some of them are grouped. When you add the listed one from the group, it adds all of the group.

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 09:57

If you use the latest X3 Editor 2 you can see which missiles / lasers are included in each group.

Prototype M/AM Launcher is grouped with the Experimental EMPC and Prototype SSC.

All of them are part of the laser group SG_LASER_UNKNOWN1

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 14:51

ah.. :D thanks guys

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 01:10

hi again.. another question in this matter.. besides the unknown1 group, are there other laser groups wich can contain more then one laser..? i ve tried but the laser names turn out blank ingame and the npc's wont use them (they get spawned whitout installed lasers).

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 02:47

The 2 dummy guns work the same, npc's will not spawn with them.

What you have to do to get guns in them, is make a !config. script that adds the guns and other fittings you want in the ship at spawn time, and add the name of this script into a specific field in the jobs.txt file. Theres a thread on this as I have just gone through figuring out how to do this.

As long as the gun is seen by the game, you can add it onto a ship this way.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 03:38

yay.. scripting.. im not that advanced yet.. :s i guess that will have to wait until i am done with the rest :p or is it not that hard..? i mean, i can ctrl+c a script and change a few things myself, its just hard to understand the code.. :(

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 03:50

! scripts, you have to use an xml editor to remove the ! from the name, so the ingame editor can see the script, edit it in game, then reload it into the xml editor to put the ! back into the script name (in 2 places).

Theres a !config..... script in the AMS mod if you want to extract the script, copy it to a new name, and then plug it into the jobs.txt file using observes jobs editor.

Just change the guns, and remove anything you dont want.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”