Bug: Electro Magnetic Plasma Cannon

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

JeffreyW75
x4

Bug: Electro Magnetic Plasma Cannon

Post by JeffreyW75 » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 22:27

I, like many other users, no longer have a factory in Aldrin producing experimental electro magnetic plasma cannons. I apparently used to, because I bought a SpringBlossom and put them on it. But now I can't find any station producing them, nor are they being sold. And you can't build a station to build them yourself.

So I am reporting this bug that I and others have faced for a while. Any solution in the works? Any existing solution? Possibly needs to be addressed in an upcoming patch? Thanks,
Jeff

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 22:47

Existing solution, cloning perhaps (though I'm not sure if that works for experimental weapons). I do know of one way that would certainly work in vanilla game BUT the game has to be pre 1.4 in order to work.

Psirus
xr

Post by Psirus » Wed, 29. Jul 09, 23:36

experimental weapons are the same as normal weapons, just sell them to the eq dock, then buy the ships and keep going up and down on the weapons.
Plays on the Monolith from 2001
X3 Mogul, EXTREME
TC Mogul, Legend
AP Master Industrialist, Battlemaster
XR WTF, WTF

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 00:44

What I meant when I mentioned cloning was that I wasn't sure if there is an EQ in Aldrin near the shipyard since I haven't made it Aldrin at this time, unless you can do it at the regular Terran EQ's/shipyards.

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 04:04

There are other topics on the board that discuss cloning. This topic is just making Egosoft aware of the bug, so they can hopefully fix it in the next patch. Other topics discuss how to clone the weapon, but that isn't a real fix for the problem. There should be stations selling the weapon, but they aren't.
Jeff

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 20:36

JeffreyW75 wrote:There are other topics on the board that discuss cloning. This topic is just making Egosoft aware of the bug, so they can hopefully fix it in the next patch. Other topics discuss how to clone the weapon, but that isn't a real fix for the problem. There should be stations selling the weapon, but they aren't.
Are you sure it is not because they keep running out of resources?... production of these weapons is slow.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 20:58

No, the 2 Aldrin weapon fabs which had bugged EEMPC production before 2.0 don't even list, let alone make, EEMPCs any more with 2.1. There was an Aldrin EEMPC Forge patched in with 2.0 but for some people GOD has already removed it again. With no production anywhere in Aldrin, the 3 Aldrin Unknown Station depots quickly and permanently run out of EEMPCs.

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 21:09

I have several ST's in Aldrin keeping production going with good supply of items to stations. Still no EEMPC's to be found. This is a bug. I resorted to cloning for the moment, but need to fix this with a patch.
Jeff

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Fri, 31. Jul 09, 23:02

on the one hand it's not technically a bug (factories being allowed to be killed off is definately by design), on the other hand it's a bit unfair if it's possible for the only supply of something to be killed off before you can get to it
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 01:10

And later on when the Terran factories become available (I am past that point), you can't build their factories. So the weapons are effectively removed from the game. At least other weapons you can collect from battle or factories. So many Terran ships will equip the EEMPC, that you have to have a reliable source of them.
Jeff

5c0rch!
x3tc

Post by 5c0rch! » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 04:20

seriously, a small edit to GOD to make it so It can't remove a station when its the only one in existence would make things a lot easier/less bugged imo.
A nuke a day keeps the enemies at bay! - Golden Wisdom
There is a thin line between meaningful posts and spam... I like to think I walk that line everyday.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 14:48

Or enhance the Patch 2.0 routine that put the EEMPC Forge into Aldrin only this time with a resident element that will replace the Forge if it ceases to exist in Alrin. This would be similar to the X3R patch that made it so that if no Tractor Beam Fab existed in the Universe then one would be spawned. The Aldrin one would be simpler than that because it need only poll one sector and not the whole Universe.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 17:45

This is probably a bug as I thought there was a GOD engine fix in 2.0 or 2.1 to prevent it obliterating all terran stations of a given type (could be that the new Aldrin EEMPC stations were excluded by accident?)

This information really needs to be posted in the L3+ forums as I do not believe that bugs are picked up from the main forums (according to something I read in a post a while back)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 23:47

Do you remember which part of L3 bugs go in? I forget.
Jeff

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 2. Aug 09, 00:56

JeffreyW75 wrote:Do you remember which part of L3 bugs go in? I forget.
I would suggest the Beta testing forum (but don't forget to include the version of TC you are running)

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 14:46

I posted it here - L3 thread

If anyone has anything to add, feel free.

{link tidied - Carlo}
Jeff

grantgto101
x3tc

no eempc weapons or forges

Post by grantgto101 » Sun, 31. Oct 10, 11:39

I have the same problem, I cannot find any eempc guns to buy and so far no forges either. In a previous game i did have them. I have amassed about 50 million in the bank and still cannot buy eempc.

on a side note please remove that big rock and do something about the framerate.

regards
ozzi

vr01
x4

Re: no eempc weapons or forges

Post by vr01 » Mon, 1. Nov 10, 12:50

grantgto101 wrote:I have the same problem, I cannot find any eempc guns to buy and so far no forges either. In a previous game i did have them. I have amassed about 50 million in the bank and still cannot buy eempc.

on a side note please remove that big rock and do something about the framerate.

regards
ozzi
Don't wake the dead :skull:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”