[TC] How do you get FAA/SSC to work properly again?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The-Gizmo
x3tc

How do you get FAA/SSC to work properly again?

Post by The-Gizmo » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 06:08

Well I stole me a Tyr, I'm not really a thief in my game so I really didn't want to steal from the Terrans/ATF, but I wanted a Tyr so. Anyways a few days of playing around with it, I ended up having it loaded with 20 PSP's (forward and right), and 36 SSC's. First I tried it with 32 PSP's and EMPC everywhere else, but that only left me with 145 energy cells, which won't get you very far. So after that setup worked pretty well, and so did the SSC's, I dock at my hub which is secluded in a far part of the universe and save. No NPC ships were present at all in the HUB sector. I return to the game a day or whatever later, and decide to go terrorize the Xenons in one of their sectors, and what's the first thing that happens when I start playing the game? The SSC's no longer work, and do nothing except make lots of boom noises. Obviously the game was never saved with them firing, so that cause is shot down pretty quick. I've tried reloading the save game, I've tried jumping out of the sector and jumping back in, I've tried turning the turrets off and back on, I've tried controlling them manually. Nothing works, the SSC's still don't do anything except make annoying boom noises.

Is there some special trick to make the flak based weapons start working again? Or did Egosoft add some sort of code when loading a game and/or jumping into a sector that does something like:

Code: Select all

if ( random() < 0.25 )
	BreakFlakBasedWeapons();
else
	FlakBasedWeaponsWorkCorrectly();
To make sure the flak based weapons aren't overpowered? So if you use them too much it forces you to use another weapon until the cool down period that breaks them is over?

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 08:24

I saw that it is finally getting fixed in the upcoming patch. To fix it I usually exit game and reload, sometimes I also need to jump to another sector. And I swear several times I actually even had to reboot.

unimatrix0030
x3tc

Post by unimatrix0030 » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 13:01

I read in an old thread once that this mostly helps :
Set all turret commands to none.
Then dock and save(never use salvege insurrance when having the bug) .
Exit the game and enter it again.

The-Gizmo
x3tc

Post by The-Gizmo » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 22:12

I hope it does get fixed, I'd like to see something from Egosoft that says an upcoming patch is going to fix the issue. I just stopped playing then, came back a few hours later and it was working again :?.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Sun, 2. Aug 09, 01:07

Well, I saw the fix in the release notes of the upcoming 2.5 patch. So, unless the beta tests go bad, it will be fixed.

dcampos

Post by dcampos » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 16:27

kurush wrote:I saw that it is finally getting fixed in the upcoming patch. To fix it I usually exit game and reload, sometimes I also need to jump to another sector. And I swear several times I actually even had to reboot.
Same here, in one ocassion I did a reboot too. The only thing that worked...

This last weekend I mount a operation to capture a Tyr too. It was tricky because it was in the middle of an ATF battle group. But in the end I cap it with no rep loss and only 5 marines KIA.
I armed it with 24 PSP (8xFront, 8xRight, 8xLeft) and SSC all around, wasted about 40-50 milion credits to buy all those... :cry:

The-Gizmo
x3tc

Post by The-Gizmo » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 17:33

I captured mine with only 5 marines, only 1 died. They were all 100% fighters except one was 96%. I put 20 PSP (forward and right), and then SSC everywhere else, that way I can have 22 SSC shooting at an enemy also (left and top). I didn't want to use the exploit, but as I thought I should have gotten a better reward for completing the Aldrin plot, I just used that apologize exploit and pretended they "gave" it to me as a reward.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”