X3TC: Navigational Relay Satellite vs. Advanced Satellite?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bad Sector
x3tc

X3TC: Navigational Relay Satellite vs. Advanced Satellite?

Post by Bad Sector » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 08:20

After searching and searching, I have not found the answer to this.

What are the differences between these two satellites? In the game the computer says that Advanced Satellites have the ability to capture video, is this actually done in the game?

When I'm in a different sector from the Advanced Satellite, I select it to show up on my left monitor but I have no "video capture" of the satellite or it's surrounding.

Is it possible to view my ship(s) or satellites that may be in another sector?

So once again, what are the differences between the two and do I need both for different reasons?

One last question, besides being able to see asteroids in the sector's nav map, is there any other point to the camera on/off feature?
Deep within the confines of the multiverse... a bad sector is formed.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 11:52

Having an Adv. Satellite in a sector allows the player to have some kind of 3D-view of the sector (use 'k' and ths 'insert'key to toggle view mode or page up to zoom in) if the Sector Map is open. This is a handy feature when building a complex.

Obviously the Adv. Satellite has a larger view zone (like a Triplex-Scanner).

Bad Sector
x3tc

Post by Bad Sector » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 20:28

This is what I assumed, so there is ever a need for the regular Navigational Relay Satellite then?
Last edited by Bad Sector on Tue, 4. Aug 09, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 20:39

Bad Sector wrote:This is what I assumed, so there is never a need for the regular Navigational Relay Satellite then?
There is. First they're cheaper, which is important in the early game, and second, some sectors are small enough that the adv sat would be a waste.

I beleive more places buy the nav sat. Certainly I made a lot of money from building them
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3TC: Navigational Relay Satellite vs. Advanced Satellite?

Post by Nanook » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 20:41

Bad Sector wrote:After searching and searching, I have not found the answer to this....
Didn't look too hard, did we? :P About two thirds down the main Search page you find
Satellite, NavSat, AdvSat which leads to a whole page of links about them. I'm sure if you check, you'll find an appropriate thread, just a little ways down. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Bad Sector
x3tc

Post by Bad Sector » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 00:47

Thanks, I was using the "Extra Search" button, my mistake ;)

Mods can close this topic if they wish :D

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 01:20

Bad Sector wrote:Thanks, I was using the "Extra Search" button, my mistake ;)

Mods can close this topic if they wish :D
Do not try the patience of mods, for they are subtle and quick to anger :)
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 13:15

I use the ordinary navsats to spotlight remote gates in the very large and empty sectors..
you can target them, and then autopilot over to their postion

- saves time on long journeys.. 8)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 14:54

BugMeister wrote:I use the ordinary navsats to spotlight remote gates in the very large and empty sectors..
you can target them, and then autopilot over to their postion

- saves time on long journeys.. 8)
Once you have found a gate it will always appear on your map, even ikf you have nothing in that sector. Not that it would hurt, after all it would help to see if anything big was right by the gate.

Another good reason for the navsat is that all you need is something you own in a sector to be able to check local prices. You can, as I do in the more dangerous sectors, put it waaay off, far from any gates or ships, so it can't be destroyed, but will keep you able to check prices.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 15:05

I like the scenery..

- especially if it's in a red box..

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”