[Script] - Logain Industries Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator (CSecG) v2 12/09/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

RayF

Post by RayF » Fri, 18. Apr 14, 17:39

thanks dr.
But isnt this against the basic idea? I mean we install-buy a new equipment to generate energy so we dont have to buy it? just curious ...

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 18. Apr 14, 17:47

You're not trying to cheat, are you, Ray?

The basic premise for the script is that vanilla refueling logistics are terrible, and the whole thing about requiring jump fuel for jumping, combined with too-small cargo bays, is a combination that is fun for the first thousand jumps or so, then becomes tedious and boring after a while.

Basically, the script just reduces micromanagement. Obviously you should pay a little more for that. Now that you mention it, max price is probably too low... there should probably be a surcharge on top of it. ;)

RayF

Post by RayF » Fri, 18. Apr 14, 18:04

Hey Dr,
cheat? Yea, i do it all the time especially with the repair laser :) As long as i keep my game within my own parameters..

Anyway, the original comment by the author :
"Logain Industries engineers calculated that 99% of the time Capital ships used less than 50% of their overall energy producing capabilities, the CSesG integrates with and monitors the ships Shields and uses any surplus to generate Energy Cells. The smart monitoring will place the CSesG module into passive mode when the ships energy is required for Shield regeneration.
"
does not mention anything about paying..it leads to believe that you do get it for free, hence my question.

Anyway, thanks Dr.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 18. Apr 14, 18:09

It is easy to change in the Script Editor if it really bugs you. I clearly marked my changes with "BW:"... just look for comments in the code with my initials.

herites

Post by herites » Fri, 9. May 14, 02:01

Hey, I cant seem to find the energy cell generator in any eq docks, though I do have the option in the ship's special menu. The generator is not installed, at least it doesnt show up in the ship info menu. Any ideas?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 9. May 14, 02:07

The custom ware is out of date. Use CSecG v2.06 on page 13 of this thread.

herites

Post by herites » Fri, 9. May 14, 02:40

Actually I'm using that, found that in your list, still I cant seem to find the energy generator anywhere.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 9. May 14, 02:42

There is no custom ware in v2.06. It uses Navigation Command Software instead.

herites

Post by herites » Fri, 9. May 14, 02:44

Oh. So if I turn on the generator with a nav software installed my ship will generate ECs on its own up to the cap I've set?

ltdan81
x3ap

Post by ltdan81 » Tue, 13. May 14, 19:30

@BW:
I loved the idea of having this on by default, until I realized that I had a ton of fighters filling up precious cargo space with ecells they can won't use because they can't even fit a jump drive...

I changed the ware to jump drive on the setup and the task scripts and saw it working as it should, but then it broke... err got buggy.

I started seeing ships not refueling as they should so I re-initiated the scripts, saw cells being made so I went on thinking it was just a hangup from changing the scripts,,,, until I had another ship run out. Same thing, reinit scripts and it made ecells.

I'm still testing but I found that ".settings" was misppelled as ".sattings" where the key variables were supposed to be set.

Been trying to figure out why it worked with the nav software and I think it's because of the workaround for built in wares? The check is working correctly, and the menu only shows up when a jumpdrive is installed, it just won't pass into a loop.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 13. May 14, 20:07

Changing the required upgrade to a jump drive is an interesting idea, except that it is not an "upgrade" (as in software upgrade). I don't know whether it will work correctly in the setup script. If it does, then it is a nice solution.

ltdan81
x3ap

Post by ltdan81 » Tue, 13. May 14, 20:58

Ya, I'd like to set it up so you have to have Nav + JD or Special + JD. Would it work if I used $ware[0], $ware[1], and then maybe even add an $ware[2] so that you have Nav + Special + JD?

Actually using Fight MK 2 would make more sense than using Nav, because something has to be monitoring your shields and Weapons to know how much spare power you have right?

Checking for the jump drive seems to be working as I am only seeing the menu on ships with JD's and Cells are being made up to the correct limit, but only once after I run the setup from the editor.

ltdan81
x3ap

Post by ltdan81 » Tue, 13. May 14, 23:56

I understand what you meant about the upgrade software now. As much as I've stared at this script, I wasn't paying attention to the $CMD1. I'm starting over with a new approach making the special command software the primary ware, then adding a query for a JD secondary.

I believe that what I was seeing with the one time pass was the clean exit from recognizing a new script. Still don't understand how it was working before with "sattings" instead of "settings" in the task script for the menu variables.

darkslimus
x4

Post by darkslimus » Fri, 9. Dec 16, 12:22

I restart a game of X3TC beacause X3TC rocks !!!

the links (page 13) of v2.06 are down, any chance to have a valid links?

regards

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 9. Dec 16, 12:35

Not sure what's wrong with the xdownloads link, but here's a new download link, this time from mediafire.com.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

darkslimus
x4

Post by darkslimus » Fri, 9. Dec 16, 13:54

Big thanks ... I see you patrol this forum in your arow :D

keo
xr

Post by keo » Wed, 18. Apr 18, 01:24

I read the last page in this days becouse i installed in my new X3AP game this script but was bugged (it show blank/no ware in the equipment docks)
so i installed the last new version, but after i installed i read it charge you the money like if you pay for each e-cell.
In this way the author "broke" what the original pourpose of this script was:
generating e-cells while ship shield are 100% and inactive.
I suggest you to change this and put a line that we can change it as we choose, if we want it for free we can do it if not we choose how much pay for each of them ... if is not possible make this i suggest 2 thing: or lead us where to look and how to change or to delete completly the charge for the e-cell since this isnt the pourpose of the script. Any way you choose we should know how it work and so we choose if install it or not. As you already reply to someone else in this post to change for him self and look the line etc etc.. in sort to do it himself, i think you are violating a rule on who make and who use this script and from the original maker.
Since its your decision to make the cost for each e-cell, becouse you think its a cheat if its free, I suggest to make a new post with new description so who will download it have to read carefull before install things that can broke his save game.
Now in this puorpose i ask you to make a new version and to let players decide if and how should work ... not becouse 20 cr are expansive but becouse you are telling us different stories from the initial message of this post and this dont like to the users.
Im sry for my english but im italian try to understand and ask if need clarification.

keo
xr

Post by keo » Wed, 18. Apr 18, 01:38

Code: Select all

<line linenr="125" indent="    ">
			<comment>* Charge max price for e-cells.</comment>
		</line>
		<line linenr="126" indent="    ">
			<var>$price</var>
			<text> </text>
			<text>=</text>
			<text> </text>
			<text>get</text>
			<text> </text>
			<text>max</text>
			<text> </text>
			<text>price</text>
			<text> </text>
			<text>of</text>
			<text> </text>
			<text>ware</text>
			<text> </text>
			<var>{\033WEnergy Cells\033X}</var>
		</line>
		<line linenr="127" indent="    ">
			<var>$cost</var>
			<text> </text>
			<text>=</text>
			<text> </text>
			<var>$price</var>
			<text> </text>
			<text>*</text>
			<text> </text>
			<var>$amount</var>
			<text> </text>
			<text>*</text>
			<text> </text>
			<var>-1</var>
		</line>
		<line linenr="128" indent="    ">
			<text>add</text>
			<text> </text>
			<text>money</text>
			<text> </text>
			<text>to</text>
			<text> </text>
			<text>player</text>
			<text>:</text>
			<text> </text>
			<var>$cost</var>

I spent last houar looking in the script folder and as suggest by you I look on BW comments and this is the partial code related to the fee for energy cells.
How can you ask to a normal user to do it himself? Where and what we should change this parameter?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 18. Apr 18, 09:17

You cannot edit script files in an ordinary text or xml browser. You have to use the ingame Script Editor or either of the external ones (see the Tutorials and Tools sticky for reference).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

keo
xr

Post by keo » Wed, 18. Apr 18, 09:27

X2-Illuminatus wrote:You cannot edit script files in an ordinary text or xml browser. You have to use the ingame Script Editor or either of the external ones (see the Tutorials and Tools sticky for reference).
Hello Illuminatus, thanks for the reply, i have a question now, can you or who know lead me to the line i have to change? and wich number?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”