[TC] PMAML and PSSC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pmenso57
x4

PMAML and PSSC

Post by pmenso57 » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 13:37

My problem is that God has removed the weapon complexes in Aldrin. Is there any other way of obtaining these weapons (w/o modified)?

I have some PMAML, so I could clone them if I need to. At one point, I had some PSSC on my Springblossom, but they got bitten by the flak bug (before I realized there was a flak bug), so I dumped them thinking they were useless.

I have two ideas:

1. Destroy every ship in the sector over and over again until one of them drops a PSSC.

2. Destroy every station in the sector in order to possibly cause God to do something different. Is it possible that this would work? Do I possibly need to wipe out the entire Terran economy to wipe the slate (so-to-speak)?

Any help is much appreciated.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 13:45

Hmm, GOD may replace them eventually... what makes PSSC? I can'r remeber, does it just spawn in the Aldrin Base thingies? If it does, then they will come back... I think. Don't have much experience with ALdrin.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

yelgrun
x3tc

Post by yelgrun » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 14:03

It Aldrin weapon production bases, there are or were two in Aldrin, they require resources. They don't spawn their weapons at Unknown Aldrin base like resources at Terran's USC supply depots.

Are you sure they didn't respawn the bases at another locations? Have you tried mapping Aldrin again & look into Aldrin2 too. Comm some stations to see if they have sector map next sectors. If still none, then I don't know if Aldrin ships carry that lasers and can drop them. I would try for option #1 first. GOD is obtuse, so I wouldn't waste time taking a gamble at destroying all stations in entire sector, it would just take too long probably with no luck still either.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 14:08

Another option is to train some marines & board some of the Aldrin M6 freighters - provides a better chance of getting the guns intact than destroying the ships & hoping the guns survive the blast. Less damaging to Terran rep too & of course you also get a free ship as well. They can be tricky ships to board due to their speed, but it's certainly possible - done it a few times myself, used to be the only way of getting EEMPCs after the factories ran out of their initial stock.

dcampos

Post by dcampos » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 14:15

In my game there are 3 "Unknown" Aldrin Bases and 2 of them have those itens for sell.

pmenso57
x4

Post by pmenso57 » Thu, 6. Aug 09, 01:32

The weapon production complexes are definitely gone in Aldrin. I haven't specifically mapped Aldrin 2 to check, but I don't think they are there either. I'll have to try scanning and boarding some of the freighters as Grey suggested.

If that doesn't work, I may be forced to wipe out the Terrans just on principle--they won't make the guns I want, and they won't give me their ATF fighters.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”