[TC] Possible to obtain Experimental Electro-Magnetic Plasma Cannons from plot mission?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Infested Adam
x3tc

Possible to obtain Experimental Electro-Magnetic Plasma Cannons from plot mission?

Post by Infested Adam » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 05:25

I just recently finished the Terran mission where you're given three Rapiers and is told to patrol some sectors. It was during this mission that I noticed that the #deca.xxxx ships were carrying some EEMPC.

After reading how rare or difficult it is to find such weapons I'm considering just reloading an earlier save and make an attempt to cap these ships. Before I do that though is it even possible to cap them via either making them bail or via marines?

Comments and suggestions are appreciated,

Thank you
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"

ajsarge
x3tc

Post by ajsarge » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 06:29

Not worth it. IF they bail, they usually take the guns with them. No frets though, X3:TC 2.0 fixed the shortage that was in earlier versions.

druid62
x3tc

Post by druid62 » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 10:45

no point capping them until you get further on in the plot as even if you get the experimental empc you cant use it. later on you will come across a sector where you can buy both deca and guns.

Elektrofusion

Post by Elektrofusion » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 11:32

Aldrin mission will also give you new M3(speed ~450) and M6(360) :P