[TC] How do you Pick a Passenger up in a Transport Mission?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fraggle Rock
x3tc

How do you Pick a Passenger up in a Transport Mission?

Post by Fraggle Rock » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 15:03

Hi, its me again, with another quandary.

I've just accepted my first transport mission, which involved me docking at a computer plant and transporting some guy to another plant.

Well I've docked at the station where he is, but I cannot find any way to get him to hop on board.

I've tried the station commands, I've tried using comms to talk to the guy, but I am missing something obvious and basic :oops:

Any advice gratefully received :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 15:14

Did the mission briefing say that he needed luxury transport or a passenger transporter and, if so, are you in a TP? Has your ship got Cargo Life Support and enough free cargospace (6 per passenger) to take him.

Fraggle Rock
x3tc

Post by Fraggle Rock » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 15:22

I'm flying a Skate Prototype, which has a Cargo Lifesupport System and plenty of spare cargospace.

However, he says he needs a passenger transporter, so I am guessing this type of mission is only possible if you're flying a TP vessel?

Thanks for your help. :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 15:34

I'm afraid so. You need to read the small print in the briefing as it does not always jump out at you. Hard luck on this one!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 17:28

Fraggle Rock wrote: However, he says he needs a passenger transporter, so I am guessing this type of mission is only possible if you're flying a TP vessel?
If they specifically ask for a passenger transport (or "luxury") then yes, you need a TP. You do get passenger transport missions where they DON'T specify that--those can be done in any ship with a CBLS installed.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”