[TC] Nobody's Making Satellites?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JimBadger

[TC] Nobody's Making Satellites?

Post by JimBadger » Tue, 11. Aug 09, 13:21

Hi, I'm a relatively new X3 player. Haven't played since X2 first came out. Now, I'm loving TC, even though my aging PC is down to 2-3 FPS most of the time in almost all sectors (I kid you not...it's making mouse-driven combat a bit tricky, I can tell you!)

Is it possible for the TC economy, or parts of it to break, or just stop for some reason?

You see, I started as a Terran Defender, and launched right into the plot, which I have been focusing on almost entirely...only to get to the mission where you have deploy some satellites and then discover that I can not find anywhere with any satellites in stock!

I've only found one satellite factory so far, and they have had none at all for about 3 realtime hours. I've also got ships docked at five or six other trading stations that, although not factories, do ostensibly sell satellites of one kinf or another, but everywhere is at 0/40 on stock for satellites and advanced satellites. The satellite factory I found has plenty of it's required resources already, so I don't see what good me delivering them any would do...

It's got to the point where I'm considering setting up my own satellite manufacturing industry. There sure seems to be a gap in the market for a well-made satellite! :)

So, is there a possible problem with the economy? I'm using quite a lot of scripts. There've been quite a few sectors changing hands...is it possible that there's a handful of key factories producing stuff the satellite factories need and most/all of them have been blown up? I doubt I'm far enough into the game, in terms of time for the universe to have changed THAT much.

Any pointers appreciated. Cheers.

{moved from X-Universe - Carlo (belatedly)}

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Tue, 11. Aug 09, 13:24

It's actually in my experience because satellites sell extremely quickly. One time I set up an Adv sat. fab and set the price to max so the NPC wouldn't buy them and I could build up some stock for personal use. They bought them anyway.

JimBadger

Post by JimBadger » Tue, 11. Aug 09, 18:24

This is a spoiler because I mentioned having to drop some satellites for a Terran plot mission?

Or because I'm asking where to find someone who might have satellites in stock?

Confused! :)

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 11. Aug 09, 18:27

The former (although largely because of replies you might get, than what you actually wrote).

Also, note that you should normally discuss moderator actions via PM rather than via posts (although doing that when they didn't say who moved it might be a tad difficult, obviously :p).

EDIT: Clarity

Jack Slinger
x3tc

Post by Jack Slinger » Tue, 11. Aug 09, 19:36

If you have a trading ship and enough money you could sell the factory the resorces it needs and then buy the satalites as soon as they are made.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 11. Aug 09, 20:20

Did you check the Military outposts? They usually have some instock.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”