Repair Laser??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Imgettingthereslowly
x3tc

Repair Laser??

Post by Imgettingthereslowly » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 21:50

I saw recently on a Paranid destroyer a repair laser was fitted any idea where you can get one!!

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:04

You saw a repair laser actually on the ship??? It doesn't exist as a separate object in the game, only as part of your spacesuit. So unless you've got some mod or script installed that makes them available, I'm guessing what you saw was the Repair Laser listed as mountable in that ship's info screen.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Imgettingthereslowly
x3tc

Post by Imgettingthereslowly » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:11

I swear it was the truth was travelling through Empires Edge and saw the Repair Lazer however the destroyer was with a carrier so didn't fancy my chances lol.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:14

Well, no matter what you think you saw, you can't obtain one in the game, since it doesn't exist as such. So don't bother looking any further. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Imgettingthereslowly
x3tc

Post by Imgettingthereslowly » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:17

Ok so are you saying that they don't exsist in the game or the fact that you can't purchase one?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:19

The only 'repair laser' is the one built into your spacesuit. As a separate object, they don't exist in the game. So you can't purchase one, simply because they aren't there to be purchased.

Imgettingthereslowly
x3tc

Post by Imgettingthereslowly » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:20

Ok think i will try and find that ship again. Thats for the info. Ok just pulled up the specs for the paranid Military Deimos. One repair laser QED. Therefore if i can persuade the ships captain to give me the ship i should be able to get my hands on the repair laser.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:31

Are you sure you didn't see it in the "Compatible Lasers" list?

Imgettingthereslowly
x3tc

Post by Imgettingthereslowly » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:32

Yes its in the compatable list but i swear i'm sure i scanned it and it had one.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:35

Tycow is right, you are probably looking at compatible lasers. Alot of ship can carry repair lasers but they never got put into the game. The only way to be sure what a ship has is to freight scan its cargo bay.

Imgettingthereslowly
x3tc

Post by Imgettingthereslowly » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:38

Ok am very confused now you're saying they never got put in the game! However there in the manual so did the game get updated or have they just never been there at all.

Artemis404
x3tc

Post by Artemis404 » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:42

Imgettingthereslowly wrote:Ok am very confused now you're saying they never got put in the game! However there in the manual so did the game get updated or have they just never been there at all.
They're only in space-suits. They didn't get put into the game as a buyable ware that ships can get hold of.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:42

Imgettingthereslowly wrote:Ok am very confused now you're saying they never got put in the game! However there in the manual so did the game get updated or have they just never been there at all.
Never been there at all, unless you modify your game. In vanilla the Repair Laser for ships is in the same realm as the Cloaking Device, ethereal....unable to have, a fools dream if you must.

Artemis404
x3tc

Post by Artemis404 » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:45

Hang on a minute.

They're definitely in X3:TC but only as a built in component of space-suits. You can't actually buy them so ships can't get hold of them to mount them in the weapon slots.

They're listed in X3:R but were never actually in the game at all. (I think?)
Last edited by Artemis404 on Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:48, edited 2 times in total.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:46

The manual is incorrect. The blurb about the repair laser refers to the station repair drones in Reunion that were used to repair your stations when you hired someone to do so. Those don't exist in TC. And neither do the repair lasers except on your spacesuit.

Imgettingthereslowly
x3tc

Post by Imgettingthereslowly » Thu, 13. Aug 09, 22:54

Ok i guess i must of be mistaken however from now on i am going to keep an extra eye out.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”