Your best moment so far

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rapier
x3tc

Your best moment so far

Post by Rapier » Mon, 9. Feb 04, 23:51

I'm sitting in a new sector, scanning a few stations and deciding what to do next. All around me factories are sending out freighters to get wares, some pirates have just entered the sector and are being pursued by the local police forces, the universe carries on it's merry way. Just then I hear an unfamilier noise coming from behind me. It doesn't sound like a ship but it's getting louder and there is nothing on the scanner. Then, a flash of light across the cockpit, then another and then the first one goes back again. Streaks of light zig-zag in front of the cockit, Spaceflies are investigating my ship! Presumably they are looking for somewhere to lay their eggs. Deciding my ship isn't a good place they head off to investigate a nearby asteroid. I sit there for a few moments, feeling insignificant in an amazing universe. Then I start breathing again.

What's your best moment so far?
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Mon, 9. Feb 04, 23:57

lol SPACEFLYS killed my captured orinoco

Sadan01
x3tc

Post by Sadan01 » Mon, 9. Feb 04, 23:58

Total annihilation of some Xenon sectors. Oh and putting a pic on my stations (the station logo) of a browneye which looks ridiculously funny when flying through space past the station. :lol:
Guess what? I've named a boil on my arse after you. It too bothers me everytime I sit down.

Sadan01 :skull:

Samhorns
x3

Post by Samhorns » Tue, 10. Feb 04, 00:07

Figuring out I could sell everything from the Express in mission2 before I even wandered onto this forum. When you figure out a nice little nugget like that which totally launches your previously dismal financial situation without reading it somewhere, it really makes your day. I thought I had figured out something pretty special until I wandered on here and saw it was only like the most mentioned trick for getting out of the gate, alas my angel was the centerfold :cry:

Other then that I still find myself 'spacing' out while a flying around looking at the pretty graphics. Big difference from my budding space days playing Starcraft and Elite :P

*edit* Starcraft?!?! Damn you RTS gods of goodness Blizzard, I meant to say Starflight :P
Last edited by Samhorns on Tue, 10. Feb 04, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 10. Feb 04, 00:10

Answered this before, but it's worth answering again :)
T'was the spaceflies for me. I've played the previous two games where spaceflies were only available as a commodity in boxes. The verbose computer told you about how pilots would stop and listen to their "song" as they flew about, but unfortunately you could never see any.

X² forfilled that part of the X-verse for me.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Samhorns
x3

Post by Samhorns » Tue, 10. Feb 04, 00:11

Sadan01 wrote:Total annihilation of some Xenon sectors. Oh and putting a pic on my stations (the station logo) of a browneye which looks ridiculously funny when flying through space past the station. :lol:
Where can I find a quick guide on how to do that, I so have the desire to customize my stations for the grins of it.

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Tue, 10. Feb 04, 00:11

Hidding inside an asteriod in one of the xenon sectors.

"Hehehe! They'll never get me in here!! Stupid Xenon...."

Then I hear the computer: "Warning Missile closing"

I respond:
"Fools! You can't hit me! I'm inside an ASTERIOD!! I'M KING OF THE WORLD!!!!"

The next sound I hear is that of the asteriod exploding.... :(

Forgot that Xenon ships can carry hornet missles. :shock:
Last edited by -TD-13- on Tue, 10. Feb 04, 01:24, edited 2 times in total.

Zippe
x4

Post by Zippe » Tue, 10. Feb 04, 00:31

While exploring far away sectors I came across Xenon Sector 472, shortly after I jumped in a Xenon Destroyer came my way and opened fire. Luckily my Scanners picked up the second Jumpgate and I did a In-Sector Jump and left the sector. In Thyn's Abyss a few Xenons were harrassing the locals, so I decided to give them a hand and destroyed a couple of L's, M's, and N's with my Nova.

Lo and behold, after I killed maybe 8 of them a big Xenon-J jumped in and started chasing me around. Seeing my odds I decided to make a run for the Homesector of Family Njy .. Energy Cells were depleted and I went with a speed of 161 towards the Gate, the Xenon-J behind me slowly closing on me.

I reached the gate shortly after the Xenon-J opened fire on me, dodging left and right I made it through the Gate and thought .. close one.
Safe? not really, the Xenon-J went once more after me and jumped into the Sector and launched fighter after fighter, the local security forces made their way to the South Gate and all the Heck breaked loose.

This fight lastes for about 3 real time hours (mostly because the AI didnt concentrated their attacks on the Xenon-J, but it was a blast), Fighters everywhere .. 1 Xenon Capitalship and 2 Split Capital Ships (1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier) ducking it out with me in the middle. And all over this time the Xenon sent reinforcements from Sector 472, through Sector Thyn's Abyss into Sector Family Njy (no more capital ships luckily, but thongs of L's. M's and N's).

The Split Destroyer got pretty beat up and everytime his Shields were depleted it went to a safe distance let the shield recharge and came back to the battle .. in the meantime the Carrier took over as a bullet eater.

The only thing I didn't understand was that the carrier only sent out a couple of fighters at a time and did not wager a larger force. Some factories got hit and they sent their fighters too.

(Thanks to the little Xenon-J patch at xscripting.com those J's were vulnerable..)

This encounter made me think "There is really something going on in the Universe"

cuco
x2

Post by cuco » Tue, 10. Feb 04, 01:22

Not the best moment for me, personally, but saw an aspect of the game I never thought would happen.

Traveling from Thyn's Abyss up through Family Njy, I was ahead in my Dragon. Behind was my Nemesis protecting an Hercules full of captured Xenon ships. Suddenly, I hear "ship under attack" ... it was my Nemesis being attacked by the Split Python. The Python was "enemy", although my standing with the Split was Family Friend. The only thing I could think off was that since Xenon are constantly entering through that gate, the Nemesis attacked them and a few shots hit the Python.

Anyway, I was able to remote jump the Nemesis and escaped. The Python then moved to attack (and destroy) my factory & its transports, in Family Njy. Talk about revenge ! ( I got mine later, when I was able to purchase a Titan)

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Tue, 10. Feb 04, 01:26

So far, placing my first station and watching it grow! :)

/feeds SPP more crystals
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 10. Feb 04, 09:07

My most amazing moment? The moment I flew into Akeela's Beacon for the first time. I thought then, and I still think now, that sector deserves the title of most beautiful in the game--you really don't appreciate just how good X2's graphics are until you see it, IMHO.

Sadan01
x3tc

Post by Sadan01 » Tue, 10. Feb 04, 09:29

Samhorns wrote:
Sadan01 wrote:Total annihilation of some Xenon sectors. Oh and putting a pic on my stations (the station logo) of a browneye which looks ridiculously funny when flying through space past the station. :lol:
Where can I find a quick guide on how to do that, I so have the desire to customize my stations for the grins of it.
Do you mean the piccy on the stations? And I am not going to send you the pic of the browneye --- it 'tis personal... :D :D :D

When you first start the game and you get the options screen (before X2 actually starts), there is an option to change the piccy that represents you. That is what I changed.
Guess what? I've named a boil on my arse after you. It too bothers me everytime I sit down.

Sadan01 :skull:

Boronshark
x4

Post by Boronshark » Tue, 10. Feb 04, 15:29

I'd agree with PJK about Akeela's Beacon, entered it last night in my Dragon for the first time and just sat and watched. Bit unfortunate for the the Caimen that came through the gate after me and crashed into my parked Dragon whilst I was enjoying the view. What can I say but whoops.

As for my best moment so far, it has to be the first time I saw the spaceflies also. Very very nice touch.

LORDSATAN
x3tc

Post by LORDSATAN » Fri, 13. Feb 04, 14:45

for me it was the other day just flying through the green nebula in queens space.
I was on autopilot so I just sat in the turret of my nova and admired the view. It was quite eerie looking through the fog with other ships coming into view and dissapearing again. The music added to the atmosphere too.
Then to top it all off I was investigated by a group of spaceflies and a few bashed into the window.
I felt quite peaceful and at one with the x universe for a while there.
I will grow up one day....
One day

gxw
x3

Amazing game

Post by gxw » Wed, 18. Feb 04, 05:23

For me the first time docking a station in X2 was a complete buzz. I was expecting a docking experience that was similar to Xbtf and XT. Wow! Docking at a Bio Gas factory was cool. Docking at a Rimes fact, Crystal fab, and Mine was way cool. Docking at a Planton farm in X2 is beyond cool.

The space flys are amazing too. Especially the first time I heard the splut sound.

oolon
x3tc

Post by oolon » Wed, 18. Feb 04, 05:29

The first time I managed to capure a spyfly rather than it take out my Best Buy Locator, then after I captured it realising It was very easy to take the complete swarm! I got eight of the little..... Anyway Revenge will be mine!

James

Dead_Again
x3

Post by Dead_Again » Wed, 18. Feb 04, 06:18

I was capturing pirate ships in Power Circle by shooting the pirate base and then running. Anyway, I damaged several ships and then switched to 2 ion disruptors.

As the first ship approached I hit him with both ions, and the beams jumped off him and hit the other ships giving chase. They all surrendered.

Bowak
x3tc

Post by Bowak » Thu, 19. Feb 04, 01:28

My favourite moment had to be only my 2nd capture attempt. I got a mercury with 80% hull and all 3 25mw shields intact.
The money I made from the shields allowed me to fit my own 25s to my nova and now i fear no one! (no one m3/4/5 anyway)

The_Rock
x2

Post by The_Rock » Thu, 19. Feb 04, 01:35

pjknibbs wrote:My most amazing moment? The moment I flew into Akeela's Beacon for the first time. I thought then, and I still think now, that sector deserves the title of most beautiful in the game--you really don't appreciate just how good X2's graphics are until you see it, IMHO.
Rock still ain't seen that yet.....
"How very touching his meaningless death was. But this fight was never for mortals".

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”