I need some "general" support, starting with where to get Advanced Satellites. Thanks

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

outragedsnail

I need some "general" support, starting with where to get Advanced Satellites. Thanks

Post by outragedsnail » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 04:08

Id ramble about my own stupidy for a while, but i am sure you dont enjoy me wasting your time. Anyway, i seem to draw a blank on where to buy advanced satellites, or life support for that matter. I am doing the 6th mission right now (for the Terran...i think. Need to go to some famlies), and after being stuck a while, i finally figured i needed those 2 items. Thank You in advance for taking the time to answer the questions.

I am currently flying a Nova. With some 20 support novas and a handful of other ships (also about 20) i managed to "acqiure". (just in case my ship cant buy those upgrades or something)

Thank You.

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 04:12

Press "p" advanced/encyclopedia/ wares Should give you a list of stations that sell and buy that you have found.
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

outragedsnail

Thanks

Post by outragedsnail » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 04:17

Wow, that was easier then i had expected. THanks, i managed to get both the items ASAP as a result.

Another Question: Is it possible to "buy" reputation? I heard about reputation through trading, but i am not sure how that works.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 04:22

1. Advanced satellites: Found at Advanced Sat Facs, Trading Stations, Military Outposts, and Corp. HQ's.

2. Cargo Lifesupport System: Found at Pirate Bases, Anarchy Ports, Earth Torus, some Trading Stations, Duke's HQ, Strong Arms HQ, Military Bases, Boron Research Station, and Unknown Aldrin Bases.
outragedsnail wrote:Another Question: Is it possible to "buy" reputation? I heard about reputation through trading, but i am not sure how that works.
Not per say, though in R you could gain rep by donating vast sums of money. In trading if you sell/buy resources/products to/from a given race your trade rank should increase (for some reason though buying stations don't count, I bought over 600mil worth of stations for a complex and if my trade rank did go up, then it wasn't even a 1% increase).

outragedsnail

Alright

Post by outragedsnail » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 04:29

WEll, i got the 2 items i need. Turns out i had the cargo live support thing. And, the advanced satellite wasnt a big problem wonce i used that encylopida. Now what is R? I am afraid i have yet to acquire suffiecent insight to the game to use short cuts such as this.
If it is possible to "buy" reputation by "donating", where do i donate?
And, is it just me or does it take a lot longer to go from stock holder to majority stock holder, then it did to get to stock holder in the first place?

Thank you for your time.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 04:37

Sorry, by R I meant X3:Reunion which had a BBS system (on board the stations) that gave missions, news, blackjack, donations and a few other things (most of which isn't in TC). As a rank (fight/trade/race) gains levels the longer it takes to reach the next rank of that given rep ladder.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Tue, 18. Aug 09, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.

outragedsnail

6th mission!!!

Post by outragedsnail » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 04:39

Is it normal for me to loss some 40+ ships in a single sector. I was just following the green arrows. And, my whole fleet of ships was simply destroyed (we really got our buts handed to us). Should i have avoided that system?
Or is that part of the difficulty of that mission?

outragedsnail

oh thankyou.

Post by outragedsnail » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 04:41

ALmost sounds as if reunion was better?
But is there no equivelent in this game (to the donations). Or perhaps an easy way to get reputation, missions take too long, fighting pirites stopped being an option after i destroyed about 3 pirate bases.... ANd the main campaign or plot has done very little to help me.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 04:54

outragedsnail wrote:Is it normal for me to loss some 40+ ships in a single sector. I was just following the green arrows. And, my whole fleet of ships was simply destroyed (we really got our buts handed to us). Should i have avoided that system?
Or is that part of the difficulty of that mission?
That depends on what ships you have, what system it is (esp. if it's a Kha'ak/Xenon sector), and what mission it is, some can be far harder than others.
outragedsnail wrote:ALmost sounds as if reunion was better?
But is there no equivelent in this game (to the donations). Or perhaps an easy way to get reputation, missions take too long, fighting pirites stopped being an option after i destroyed about 3 pirate bases.... ANd the main campaign or plot has done very little to help me.
Reunion was different. R was more fighter based while TC is more capital based, gaining rep/ranks and money took a lot longer (and I mean a lot esp. rep/ranks). Quick ways to gain rep probably would be ship delivery missions, passenger transportation missions, build missions, do combat missions will a fully loaded M7M, etc. As you get further into the plots you will be rewarded with toys like ships and a few other goodies, some of which are unique and can't be aquired anywhere else.

Thelic
x4

Post by Thelic » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 05:09

Get a Kestrel, put some CLS in it, and do fast taxi missions, not the ones that require a TP. Easy rep and can put some change in your pocket.

outragedsnail

Alright

Post by outragedsnail » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 05:13

Well, mission 6 is just way too difficult after dieing, what is it now 5 times, its just not worth trying again for a while. Now, as for the taxi missions, what kind of ship aa krestel? (which i can get at which shipyard). And, what are CSLs?

Thank you for your time.

outragedsnail

Jump Drive??

Post by outragedsnail » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 05:16

Where and how do i get a jump drive?

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 09:03

A Kestral is a misssle with a seat attached, they don't bother with a windscreen. It can be found at cetain Teledi Shipyards.

Jumpdrive can be found at the Terra Corp HQ
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

5c0rch!
x3tc

Post by 5c0rch! » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 09:20

dminor wrote:Jumpdrive can be found at the Terra Corp HQ
Also at OTAS HQ, Atreus HQ, and the Earth Torus.
A nuke a day keeps the enemies at bay! - Golden Wisdom
There is a thin line between meaningful posts and spam... I like to think I walk that line everyday.

nobby375
x3

Post by nobby375 » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 10:43

although i havent played X3 TC (think thats what your talking about) i havent heard u mention trading as a viable rrep gainer.

do you have any sector/universal traders working for you? They seem to help with trade rep and after the initial cash outlay they are pretty low maintanance.

I play X3R tho...

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 11:47

It's easy to gain rep through trade in X3:TC. reputation, be it race, trade or fight.

You can pick your own method. In my first game I went the fighting route, taking station defence and patrol missions. In my new game (running alongside my 'proper' game, which still has a lot of room for fun), I'm going the trade route.

I've personally never bothered with station building or taxi missions, or ship return missions for that matter.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”