[TC] wingman?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mitechka

wingman?

Post by mitechka » Mon, 24. Aug 09, 08:15

In the command console of a ship, there is a "Wingman" setting, that can be set to yes or no and is completely separate from any other wing related setting. What does it do?

drugfreeboy
x3tc

Post by drugfreeboy » Mon, 24. Aug 09, 08:21

I think all it does is allow you to use the "wingmen attack my target" hotkey (Shift+6) by default. I think shift+7 may be "protect my target".

I think you can only use this on fighters though. I was dissapointed that I couldn't use that for my corvette "wing man" when I managed to get two corvettes.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Mon, 24. Aug 09, 08:35

you can add said corvette to a wing, and make the wing your wingman i believe

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Wingman

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 24. Aug 09, 12:03

In the early part of the game BEFORE you can get an M7, you usually have an M3. You can take down an m6 but not 2 or 3 or them, or at least with a break and recharge. With 1 or 2 wingmen, you can take that m6 every time. They help some, but they also draw fire, distract, and other assorted effects. They are well worth developing. If they are attacked hard, run them somewhere. Some enemy ships just might follow.

These are single fighters, not related to the Wing commands. Wings have similar commands, but the Wingman commands work from one key. Shift 6 and shift 7 allows one key control during combat. The Wing commands take a lot more keys, and a Wing seems to take a lot longer to respond.

I found if you put more than 2 M3s as wingmen, they start colliding a lot.
Wingman still need the rear turret. If you have one without a rear turret, it can still be helpful if you keep it close with shift 7.

A nice way to have a good wingman or two. When you upgrade, keep your previous ship as the wingman, already set up.

I hope this helps.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

irR4tiOn4L
x3tc

Post by irR4tiOn4L » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 16:56

I set up a wing of 3 fighters (an actual wing, not wingmen), if i fly one of these fighters, how can i get the other wing members to autolaunch and follow me as their 'wing leader'?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”