[TC] Red Laser tower conundrum

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

General Dave
x4

Red Laser tower conundrum

Post by General Dave » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 01:45

When I was a sprightly M3 pilot with no traders working for me, no stations etc i used to terrorise boron and paranid space and literally cap hundreds of their lovely freighters to sell.
However lately ive been wondering will those red towers ever see me as blue again ?

I've made peace with the local police, hacked the necessary stations, even took out a few Khaak and pirates in some of the systems yet still the lasertowers show red.

As a matter of fact im pretty sure my UT's pass right on by oos without causing any fuss, so why are the sodding things still red and is there a way to blue them without blowing them up ?
:)

RandomBandit
x3tc

Post by RandomBandit » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 02:33

I passive aggressively hope they stay red. You "terrorized" them and should not have even been cleared by the military...but that is not how this game works...so...I think your only option is just what you said. If you have the race in question set to friend and they are still red, you can not 'befriend' them again.
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

General Dave
x4

Post by General Dave » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 02:48

I wouldn't have minded it being harder to win their trust. Being impossible to win over a lasertower sucks though,ill have to take a rep hit and blow up all four of them, or maybe spawn a particularly nasty mission in there and take the whole sector. =/
:)

RandomBandit
x3tc

Post by RandomBandit » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 02:54

heh, I have heard of that exploit before. Accept a defend mission for a station that is competing with yours and fail...that might work if you can find a brutal patrol mission and lead some ships to the towers.
<X3tc 2.0> patched up to 3.1 (No BonusPack)
<X3ap>
I do not use scripts/mods.

jbigg
x3tc

Post by jbigg » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 18:36

Try this. You'll need two ships (one of which can carry missiles). This is probably considered an exploit, but so what! Get your missile ship within range of the laser towers. Have your other ship within 5 km of the missile ship show that you can quickly transport over. Be sure the range to the laser towers is far enough so that you have enough time to do the following:

In your missile ship launch enough missiles (I used Typhoons) to kill in quick succession at all of the towers. After launching, quickly transport to your other ship. Now, remotely command the missile ship to jump out of the sector. This needs to happen before the missiles hit.

If you time it correctly (not difficult if you left enough range to the towers from the missile ship) the missile ship will be out of sector and the missiles will destroy the red towers. Since the ship that fired the missiles is no longer there, the game doesn't know who fired on the towers and you suffer zero rep hit.

I used this trick successfully on the Anarchy Port LTs in Loomies during my last game. I had hacked all the stations and wanted to supply the IBL forge with resources, but the PITA laser towers kept frying my freighters.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”