"SOLVED"Xenon invasion mission not ending?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Icecola
x3tc

"SOLVED"Xenon invasion mission not ending?

Post by Icecola » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 11:41

False alarm, there indeed was some stray xenon on sector 472 way off the south gate that needed gentle nudge OOS...so "issue" solved.

Playing X3 TC 2.1
Some scripts running:
MARS
CAG
Prospector

Accepted defend military outpost at Black Hole Sun from xenon invasion, rated as average.
Accepted patrol for xenon activity at Black Hole Sun sector. rated as average
So, 2 xenon mission at BHS at the same time. Just to make things more quirky..:)

Now, in the middle of the activity my battle ranking switched to Legend.
Patrol sector mission did end succesfully and netted some 25.000.000 credits.
Now there is no xenon activity on Black Hole sun sector but mission guidance for xenon invasion mission is still active and mission guidance pointing in to xenon sector 472 like there would be scripted/whatever hostiles. Problem is that xenon sector 472 is almost empty with only 4-5 fighters loitering around sector center. If I fly through the north gate to xenon sector 472 mission aborts. So, no going there either just to check whatever there would be ships marked with mission guidance markers. And waiting real time half hour or so didn't change a thing, mission guidance still pointing to xenon sector 472. Sending ships the clear sector 472 OOS didn't change mission guidance either.

Is there way to complete this mission by force since it seems that this mission got stuck/bugged/etc?.

I haven't had this kind of problem before with xenon invasion mission regardless that there might have been several xenon mission fro same sector simultaneously. The usual waiting time for mission getting finished is usually way under minute or so if no activity.
Last edited by Icecola on Fri, 28. Aug 09, 05:49, edited 1 time in total.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 27. Aug 09, 12:57

Most probable reason is that there was a Xenon ship passing by and was taking by the invasion mission as a target. The mission won't end until you destroy this specific ship but you cannot leave the sector. So, looking carefully on sector 472 OOS to find that ship and destroying it is the only chance you have.

Icecola
x3tc

Post by Icecola » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 08:35

Btw, is this a "feature" that kills from patrol spawned ships counts for invasion mission kills/credits too? Easy money for sure, the invasion mission netted some 230.000.000 credits... :roll:

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 19:07

This was a much-demanded feature. Players were finding themselves occasionally battling in excess of twice the ships the mission spawned, but having great difficulty in the heat of the moment distinguishing mission spawns and Artificial Life (AL) spawns and getting no extra cash. Including AL spawns in the payout at least allows us to earn cash for our extra effort, but judging by your experience it seems to have created a side-effect that an AL ship may leave the system and be beyond reach.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Icecola
x3tc

Post by Icecola » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 20:17

Ok, good to know. I was bit puzzled since invasion missions worked all ok before this stuck up mission - meaning invasion ships came through gate in timely fashion. Anyway, since it can be solved by sending OOS hunt group to kill lost sheep it's fine by me - problems may arise thou if the xenon sector has considerable capital ship force loitering around...:)- Most likely this was just one quirk caused by heavy gate traffic.

Thanks about replies fellas,
regards Icey

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”