Passengers are un-enslavable

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

CaptG
x3tc

Passengers are un-enslavable

Post by CaptG » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 01:36

I just capped an Argon Cruise with 71 passengers aboard. I was unable to convert the passengers to slaves at a pirate base.

I know that you can do it with 'named' people. I captured another TP with 30 'named' passengers on it and sold them as slaves, but are we not able to sell generic passengers as slaves?

If not, that sucks because I am about to cap one of the Arena ships flying around with 6000+ passengers on it, and now I won't be able to do anything with them except, stuff them in a freighter at one of my stations (which I have been doing with 'named' passengers, to convert them to slaves later and sell) or eject them out the nearest airlock and kill them all.

bladedranger
x3tc

Post by bladedranger » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 01:48

all i can suggest is this

might be of use :? :? :?

or is that what your doing

i have never got to the stage of full on boarding with passenger captures etc so i cant comment much :roll:
Last edited by bladedranger on Sat, 29. Aug 09, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.

CaptG
x3tc

Post by CaptG » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 01:52

That post does not answer the question. I know how to convert 'named' people to slaves.

Generic passengers, like the ones I just captured show up as freight, not people and there is no option to enslave them. I did not board the ship, I attacked a TP, the pilot bailed out I captured him, and claimed the ship. It came with the 71 passengers on board.

Which again raises the question of what I am going to do with 6000+ generic passengers when I capture a civilian TL.

I guess that I could assemble all the passengers in the cargo bay of the TL and introduce myself as the ship's new captain, and then decompress the cargo bay and blow them all out into space. :)

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sat, 29. Aug 09, 04:10

The ones that are generic, that come as cargo, no - you can't convert them. They are only meant as flavour, so that when you scan the ship they appear to be carrying passengers. You're not actually meant to do anything with them. (The same is true of quite a number of other cargo items, e.g. insecticide)

I'm afraid your slave trading op will have to remain small-scale. :)

CaptG
x3tc

Post by CaptG » Sun, 30. Aug 09, 21:30

maybe they could incorporate that functionality into the next patch?

it would make it easier to come up with 450 slaves for some of the pirate missions.

actually, i havent done any slave trading yet. what i have been doing is flying around collecting people, bailed pilots, pilots selling their ships, and any TPs that i happen to acquire with 'named' people on board, and then stuffing them all onto a transporter ship that I have docked at one of my stations. once i do that and the transporter is full, ill move them over to a TL and start filling it. havent decided what i will do with them at that point yet. :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”