X3:R: Which transporter carries most passengers?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

X3:R: Which transporter carries most passengers?

Post by Capt_Newbie » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 13:32

Call me lazy for asking, but at a trading station in Family Tkr, a customer won't let me take his clients on a Tour because my Express hasn't the capacity, even when I remove everything, including the shields. What ship, preferably reasonably fast, might fill the bill? I know that capacity v. speed involves a tradeoff, but just throw out some names...
"Once you figure out what a a joke everything is, being the Comedian's the only thing that makes sense."

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 14:13

In X3:R I think people occupy 2 cargo units, so if you know how many people you're carrying, you can figure out how much cargo space you need. As for which TPs have more cargo capacity than an Express, that'd be most of them! The only one with LESS is the Split Iguana; however, the ones with more are quite a bit slower than an Express so you won't be able to cover as many sectors during a tour.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 15:58

Pandora tuned Manta. If you happen to have a high trade rank it'll make you silly rich.....but since you already have a high trade rank chances are you're already silly rich.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 15:13

Well, cheers, m'dears. It was 475 passengers, if it had been only 360, they would have fitted into the Express. I did buy a Manta from Ocean of Fantasy shipyard, but I used up all the tunings, so I made use of the strafe command to give it an extra kick. I actually picked up the mission in Getsu Fune, so I made it to the Xenon sector. Still had room for energy cells in case I needed a fast jumpaway.

Yes, I'm pretty comfortable. When I get a 3mil assassination mish, I have to buy another Mammoth to ensure that I don't go through the 200m account limit when the bogey blows. What I'm trying to do now is get past 'Hero' to see if I can get more valuable treasure hunts. Just trashing Js and Ks as fast as I can.

The memsahib bought me 'Terran Conflict' at Xmas. Be installing it any week now...
"Once you figure out what a a joke everything is, being the Comedian's the only thing that makes sense."

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 15:25

(Bit late) from Roguey's site (aint that Guides sticky wonderful?):

Code: Select all

Split Iguana            450
Split Iguana Vanguard   517
Argon Express           750
Argon Express Hauler    862
Teladi Toucan           900
Paranid Hermes        1,000
Boron Manta           1,000
Teladi Toucan Hauler  1,035
Paranid Hermes Hauler 1,150
Boron Manta Hauler    1,150
I prefer the Toucan Hauler myself.

Account limit is 2bil, but killing won't help on the Treasure Hunts, for that mission does link to the Trade rank.

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 21:51

Durn, now my ongoing senility is apparent to all. I should have realised my account limit was not the cost the of two expensive cap ships. On the plus side, my trade rank is going up quite fast, though I've lost a few Uni traders and should really start up some more. I think the sales from space fuel complexes count, though.

I should have thought about the Toucan, though. In my defence, sort of, I think I RE'd mine and never built a new one, thinking Express = faster, therefore better, and only then ran into the capacity problem. Or maybe I do have one HQ built Toucan in a dock somewhere...

One thing, though... The Guides sticky may be great, but Roguey's site isn't so much, info-wise at least. There are stat errors that it's difficult for a stranger like me to inform him of, like with the Hyperion weapon stats, but no-one on his site seems to want to point out either.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 21:53

What about the Boron Angel? That's a pretty nice TP
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 22:20

mrbadger wrote:What about the Boron Angel? That's a pretty nice TP
It's lovely, but there's the minor issue that it doesn't exist in X3:R...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”