Hurricanes.......help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sn4kemaster
x4

Hurricanes.......help

Post by Sn4kemaster » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 14:51

Where can you get Hurricane missiles? as i am after a medium damage 15-30 k with about 250-350 speed multi purpose missile, to kit out my small fleet of fighters

i have this horrible feeling i'm going to be told you cant........

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 14:53

Third Redemption SY.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 19:58

Cheers....they don't show up in the in game encyclopedia

now here is 2 more questions.

1. Is there shipyards where you can buy a factory to make them?

2. Wildfire missiles, now these do look the mutt's nut's as a good all round missile, but from what i can see from the encyclopedia you cant get these anywhere.....anybody found a factory out there? as the only one's i have got have been from wreckage from destroyed ships

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 20:04

Sn4kemaster wrote:Cheers....they don't show up in the in game encyclopedia

now here is 2 more questions.

1. Is there shipyards where you can buy a factory to make them?

2. Wildfire missiles, now these do look the mutt's nut's as a good all round missile, but from what i can see from the encyclopedia you cant get these anywhere.....anybody found a factory out there? as the only one's i have got have been from wreckage from destroyed ships
Ok i have just found the answer to question 1

Goldfinch
x3tc

Post by Goldfinch » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 20:07

I don't think you can buy Wildfires or factories anywhere. They do drop all the time though, you should be able to build up a decent stock.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 20:20

You can't buy Wildfires or build factories. The Silkworm is about the closest you will get to the Wildfire missile.

Sn4kemaster
x4

Post by Sn4kemaster » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 20:32

That's a shame.....

Trouble is Silkworms are slow.....so they do 19k (middleweight) of damage but cant catch anything other than dead slow m3's with only 190m/s, my Solanos are 210, so they would fly past the own missiles :roll:, same problem with any Split M3 fighters too

Their does seem to be a big hole in the missile selection from Egosoft, their seems to a large number that do 190 - 195 m/s all doing 30-75k and again quite a few that do more than 450 + m/s that do about 1-6k of damage, but nothing in the middle.

why cant you get something fast-ish, about 300m/s that does 30k of damage, good for a 1 shot on a M4 but also can do a big hole to the shields of a M3, a good middle weight?
Last edited by Sn4kemaster on Mon, 31. Aug 09, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Hurricanes.......help

Post by Nanook » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 20:33

Sn4kemaster wrote:Where can you get Hurricane missiles? as i am after a medium damage 15-30 k with about 250-350 speed multi purpose missile, to kit out my small fleet of fighters

Hurricanes do 6000 KJ damage each and travel at 470 m/s.

There's no missile you can buy a factory for that match your specs. As mentioned, the Silkworm is the closest, but it's considerably slower than you want and won't catch most M4's. Personally, I'd go with either the Tempest or Thunderbolt, since they do way more damage and actually fly faster than the Silkworm.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 20:34

Sn4kemaster wrote:That's a shame.....

Trouble is Silkworms are slow.....so they do 19k of damage but cant catch anything only 190m/s, my Solanos are 210, so they would fly past the own missiles :roll:, same problem with any Split M3 fighters too

Their does seem to be a big hole in the missile selection from Egosoft, their seems to a large number that do 190 - 195 m/s all doing 30-75k and again quite a few that do more than 450 m/s that do about 1-6k of damage, but nothing in the middle.

why cant you get something fast, about 300m/s that does 30k of damage, good for a 1 shot on a M4 but also can do a big hole to the shields of a M3, a good middle weight?
For most purposes, stick to retargetting missiles. Those give best value for money, because if their original target is lost, they re-acquire.
Last edited by mrbadger on Tue, 1. Sep 09, 00:07, edited 1 time in total.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Sn4kemaster
x4

Re: Hurricanes.......help

Post by Sn4kemaster » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 20:41

Nanook wrote:
Sn4kemaster wrote:Where can you get Hurricane missiles? as i am after a medium damage 15-30 k with about 250-350 speed multi purpose missile, to kit out my small fleet of fighters

Hurricanes do 6000 KJ damage each and travel at 470 m/s.

There's no missile you can buy a factory for that match your specs. As mentioned, the Silkworm is the closest, but it's considerably slower than you want and won't catch most M4's. Personally, I'd go with either the Tempest or Thunderbolt, since they do way more damage and actually fly faster than the Silkworm.
Cheers Nanook

i agree with the Tempest and Thunderbolt conclusion, but im just after something in the middle

something that does not exist....Egosoft your toying with me again
:cry:

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 31. Aug 09, 22:04

I find that Wasps are a good missile for M5/M4s and being a swarm missile means there is a less chance of them shooting them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”