[TC] sector m148 (200 teladianium)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jimwats

sector m148 (200 teladianium)

Post by Jimwats » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 15:46

ok so everything was going fine with this mission but i could only fit 100 teladium on my ship so i went docked dropped off all fine but then ... when i came back with the second shipment of 100 it wouldn't let me dock the station is red and everything else is blue... any ideas?

98abaile
x4

Post by 98abaile » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 16:27

The way I did it was to use a captured freighter I had and ship 199 units to the station, jump out transfer to my heavy fighter and deliver the final unit.

Jimwats

Post by Jimwats » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 16:31

well see thats not the issue i got a bunch of super freighters in a different sector doing the sector trading thing i just had my centaur on hand so i used it to make the first drop but when i came back with the second it wouldn't let me dock

Jimwats

Post by Jimwats » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 19:50

the last save i had is a couple days of playing time behind... i really don't want to go back there just to do a mission... does ANYONE know what to do? i got scouts, fighters, freighters/superfrieghters, and a small frigate with a jump drive... any ideas on how to get them to accept my landing request? and yes i have all the prerequisites.

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 19:58

I would suspect mission bork... I think you're supposed to do it all in one go. I am, by no means, 100% certain though :(
[ external image ]

... old skool

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 20:06

Something seems odd here. That base shouldn't turn red until the two Terrans try to escape, and that shouldn't happen until you drop off all the Teladianium.

Anyway, this really belongs in the Spoilers forum since it concerns a plot issue.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Jimwats

Post by Jimwats » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 20:09

this is the spoilers forum isn't it?

ok so what should i do about not being able to drop off the next load?

Jimwats

Post by Jimwats » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 20:20

wait two terrans escape? does that ALSO mean i need a cargobay life support system?

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 20:33

Jimwats wrote:wait two terrans escape? does that ALSO mean i need a cargobay life support system?
Yup. And trying to pick them up in a TS is painful - I normally take a TM in (which has room for the cargo) with a fighter docked.

Not sure what you can do about the mission - except maybe hope to heck you can hack the station from somewhere? Going to be tricky though - you'd be relying on one sector, I think. Have you tried docking with the station using the docking computer or comming it and seeing if there is anyone there you can request docking clearance from? In one of the other missions you have to make a few trips to a Pirate station and each time you have to comm someone (not the normal person, one of the other people aboard, has a book by their name) and ask them to clear you for docking. Is this one the same?

M

Super_Bob
x3tc

Post by Super_Bob » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 20:37

If i remember rightly its the same outpost as the OFF missions is it not? wouldnt starting that give you permission to dock there again?

Jimwats

Post by Jimwats » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 20:42

i'm just using my centaur since it can be outfitted with life support and a nice array of weapons just incase. what do you mean "hack it from somewhere"? "relying on one sector"? talked to everyone on board and ever a few ships in the sector, no books, everyone likes me... i'm confued

Jimwats

Post by Jimwats » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 20:44

i'm on the "go to ka'ak 931" or whatever mission for OFF, so that shouldn't be an issue

Jimwats

Post by Jimwats » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 16:08

still stuck here can anyone help?

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 16:36

Hack it = there are rare missions (lightbulb type) offered by Pirate characters (so most common on Teladi and Pirate stations but do show up elsewhere at times) that offer to change a station's status for you (say something like "do you want help with a station"). For about 200-300K you can change a red station blue. But they are rare. The reason I said one sector is that the station has to be within 3 sectors of the target. That was my bad - there are three populated sectors within range so you could trawl through them all and just keep hoping.

Personally I'd reload or get the script editor running and see about changing the status of the station that way (if it is possible - is there a mission reset script or something? You'd need to ask for help on the scripts/mods forum). You could spend ages on this and still not get anywhere if you are staying vanilla - I know this is not useful advice now but it is a great idea to keep a series of saves running, one before a mission and two or three since the start of it.

M

Jimwats

Post by Jimwats » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 16:39

i have a save but it's prolly a day or 2 of game time behind.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 16:44

Jimwats wrote:i have a save but it's prolly a day or 2 of game time behind.
I'd still do back to it or even restart. That is if you want to do the Terran missions. Or head over to the scripts forum and see what there is in the library.

Sorry.

M

Jimwats

Post by Jimwats » Thu, 17. Sep 09, 21:36

as an update i just went back to a saved game and did it in one run and everything worked fine but it's stil an issue and should be fixed

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”