[TC] Recommendations for Hub's gate realignment ...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

clcabbage
x3tc

Recommendations for Hub's gate realignment ...

Post by clcabbage » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 20:25

Hello everyone,
I'm seeking recommendations on the 1st realignment of the Hub gates.

I have yet to begin building an empire so i do not have any factories or complexs to connect.(i'll prolly get started on that after the 2.0 Aldrin missions). Of course this would be a good thing to consider when deciding on gate movements..??
i've read that the 1st is a permanent realignment, so i'd hate to make too hastily of a decision.

So if you wouldn't mind providing me a suggestion and possible explanation i would appreciate it.

Thnx in Advance
jlehtone wrote:Several participants seem to have been upset by the existence of differing opinions.

The universe is neither so crazy that we can't understand it all nor so predictable that there's nothing left for us to discover. (from 'Jungles of Randomness'- Ivars Peterson)
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." -- Humphrey Bogart

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 20:55

It's not permanent, it will just take a while until you will be able to change it.

If you dont have factories on your own, I would nevertheless connect sectors that might provide what you need for the plot.

Venutian

Post by Venutian » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 21:00

1st is permanent? When I finished the plot, I am given option to realign all 3 gates. Of course I haven't realigned any yet but I thought you could realign all gates when you finish the plot.

Anyway, I have it pointed to:

1. Herron's Nebula - Argon prime: Herron's Nebula is a good choice for a small complex and that's where I built my first. And it is also close proximity to Terracorp HQ, Ore belt, and fair amount of solar power plants in nearby sectors. As Ore belt is another good sector for complex, pointing it to ore belt may be a good choice as well. I just didn't do it for frame rate issue as it has too many asteroids. Regardless of which specific sector you choose, I believe most people point to this part of the map for good reason.

2. Terran Unknown sector 1 - Terran Unknown sector 2: Part of Aldrin expansion plot but I like it here as unknown sector 1 has 300% sun, good asteroids, and fairly empty. And has the Terran shipyard right in it as well. And unknown sector 2 has the gate to Neptune and quiet place to put up my HQ.

3. Getsu Fune(spelling?) - Menaleus Paradise: My hunting ground. This upper east part of the map is where Xenons are harrasing my UT's mostly so I point it there so I can patrol those sectors regularly. And those Xenon Q's drop good loots. Also, Getsu Fune is unique as it is the only sector with equipment dock of all races.

synctrance

Post by synctrance » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 21:28

First set of gates i aligned to center of the map because i dont use complexes to feed the HUB, all requirements are being bought by my trading ships assigned to the HUB (except chips of course)
Gate: Averice-New Income is safe as any, because no one ever travels through there.
I also stationed all my ships in the HUB, being in the center of the universe i can dispatch them anywhere with the minimum ecell requirements, handy for those small cargo M6's.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 21:30

1st is permanent? When I finished the plot, I am given option to realign all 3 gates. Of course I haven't realigned any yet but I thought you could realign all gates when you finish the plot.
No it's not permanent, you can move the gate freely after the second part. Although I think there is a 2 hour delay after moving before they can be moved again.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 23:32

I put my Hub between Menelaus' Oasis & the Unknown Sector to the south. Mainly put in there because it's a dead end so very little NPC traffic (practically none apart from the occasional recon M5) & there's a sizeable Boron fleet in Queen's Harbour guarding the front door - don't think I've ever seen a pirate make it as far as my Hub - think theres' about half a dozen Boron capital ships they'd have to get past first.

clcabbage
x3tc

Post by clcabbage » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 01:13

Excellent to know its not permanent... and thanks for the replies so far guys :)

GCU Grey Area
That sounds like a good canidate for initial move... maybe even a good place to put a plex or two. ?

Venutian
Excellent recommendation too .. I look forward to 2nd and 3rd possibilities.
jlehtone wrote:Several participants seem to have been upset by the existence of differing opinions.

The universe is neither so crazy that we can't understand it all nor so predictable that there's nothing left for us to discover. (from 'Jungles of Randomness'- Ivars Peterson)
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." -- Humphrey Bogart

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 01:52

clcabbage wrote: GCU Grey Area
That sounds like a good canidate for initial move... maybe even a good place to put a plex or two. ?
The US south of Menelaus' Oasis isn't too bad for that: 13 ore asteroids (total yield = 257) & 6 silicon asteroids (total yield = 186). Enough for quite a substantial complex. I built a mining outpost/crystal complex in there, initially to supply the Hub, but which now supplies vast quantities of crystals & ore to weapon factories located in several other sectors.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 02:16

Savage Spur <-> Empire's Edge
Montalaar <-> Avarice
Zyarth's Dominion <-> Unknown Sector

1st is not a permanent realignment, It just looks that way. useing the "Montalaar <-> Avarice" link is in the middle of everywhere.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 06:14

I initialy aligned my first gate set to Asteroid Belt <--> Heretics End (as I initially set up base in Asteroid Belt - a complex, trading station, and a number of EDs)

My second gate set I aligned to Montalaar <--> Unknown Sector (near enough centre of the universe, close to two ship yards and a supply of jump drives, and also I have a big complex in the Unknown Sector (initially for crystals, silicon, ore but now produces shields and commonwealth weapons) as well as a Microchip complex in Montalaar.

After completing the Aldrin Missions:-
Spoiler
Show
My first gate set has been re-align to Aldrin 2 <--> Terran Unknown Sector 1 (good for increasing trade as Aldrin stations produce and use all commonwealth food stuffs)
My third gate set is currently aligned to Mists of Elysium <--> Unknown Sector (where I have my PHQ).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Axident
x3

Post by Axident » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 12:12

I set my first gates between Hatikvahs Faith and Aladna Hill due to the easy access to Argon, Split, Paranid and Teladi sectors and because it's close to some complexes in Avarice, Montalaar, Light of Heart, etc.

Second set is between President's End and Elena's fortune simply because I've got some big chip complexes there working toward the last set. Then somewhere further to the North-West looks good.

Word of warning: the Xenon migrations will use your gates as short cuts. I found that if I killed the xenon in XS472, the reinforcements would come from the nearest shipyard. That means they would use the HUB if it was a shorter route. ie XS101 instead of XC023.
With the aid of sophisticated computer technology and a box of crayons....

clcabbage
x3tc

Post by clcabbage » Tue, 15. Sep 09, 22:44

Thanks everyone, i spent alittle time checking things out in my game, and reviewing your suggestions.
Eventhough i liked all of your ideas i believe i'm going for something like this for the first delve into Hub involvement :

Light Water <=> Shore Infinity
followed by building this http://tinyurl.com/qmw2n6 in Light Water to help (very little) with the rest of the Hub's requirements.

My thoughts on this,with consideration to yours, are for the initial move i'd like :

1. have low traffic volume.. safe passage for my ships visiting hub
2. centrally located.. atleast a little
3. avoid Xenon migration.. again keep things safe
4. access to sector that'll provide some resource's

In my game the Unknown sector south of Menelaus' Oasis has a Pirate base in it.. albeit a friendly one, but im not sure i want those vistors traveling thru my hub.?
the Unknown sector east of Mists of Elysium has nothing. completly barren, and i believe i'd also place my PHQ there when the time comes.??
Montalaar and Avarice is a strong canadate, but traffic and migration worry me. the same goes for Ore Belt and ect.
Zyarth's Dominion <-> Unknown Sector will most likely be my second choice, depending on what the Aldrin2 missions provide. Its not central, so i'm not sure i want it for my first choice.???(looking into it further)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Tue, 15. Sep 09, 23:02

clcabbage wrote:Light Water <=> Shore Infinity
followed by building this http://tinyurl.com/qmw2n6 in Light Water to help (very little) with the rest of the Hub's requirements.
Good Choice... not one I considered but a good choice anyway...
clcabbage wrote:In my game the Unknown sector south of Menelaus' Oasis has a Pirate base in it.. albeit a friendly one, but im not sure i want those vistors traveling thru my hub.?
Easy solution there... load up with wraiths and blow the beetlejuice out of it... problem solved :twisted:
clcabbage wrote:the Unknown sector east of Mists of Elysium has nothing. completly barren, and i believe i'd also place my PHQ there when the time comes.??
That is where I have my PHQ, the main plus point is it is ultralight on traffic giving me a perfectly safe gate to jump into the Hub from.
clcabbage wrote:Montalaar and Avarice is a strong canadate, but traffic and migration worry me. the same goes for Ore Belt and ect.
Xenon migration has not proven a problem for me in Averice, pirates have been a minor irritation (the preverbial fly on a T-Rex's backside), but once I started building there Commonwealth traffic slowly built up to a flood.
clcabbage wrote:Zyarth's Dominion <-> Unknown Sector will most likely be my second choice, depending on what the Aldrin2 missions provide. Its not central, so i'm not sure i want it for my first choice.???(looking into it further)
Not a bad choice there.... no Xenon migration issues, and pretty dead wrt most other traffic from my experience... I have a pretty nice Terran Complex in that sector (building terran missiles and weapons).
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 15. Sep 09, 23:31

clcabbage wrote:the Unknown sector east of Mists of Elysium has nothing. completly barren, and i believe i'd also place my PHQ there when the time comes.??
That's my favourite sector for building really huge complexes - the lack of anything else in the sector means a complex can grow much larger than anywhere else before building it turns into a low FPS slideshow. Watch out for pirate bases appearing in the sector - in every game I've played so far they've attempted to establish one there (same as in the US near Menelaus' Oasis), but it's nothing a volley of Firestorms can't sort out - I'm usually fairly tolerant of the pirates & generally have a fairly neutral rep with them, but I don't really like them being quite that close to any of my assets.

As for PHQ, I invariably put mine in the Hub - I consider the Hub itself to be my HQ (it provides docking for my personal ships & holds vast stockpiles of weapons, missiles, ammo, etc), much more so than the PHQ station, which just adds shipbuilding facilities - the only things my PHQ stores are the components necessary for ship construction & the only ships which dock there are those sheduled for reverse engineering or recycling - PHQ is a useful enough station, but IMO the Hub is a better HQ.

oceanmist667
x3tc

Post by oceanmist667 » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 01:18

i think i ll connect mine to ore belt i ll build a complex there for the 450k ore and cristals....

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 18:00

I built there too.

long live the crystal fab

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”