[TC] Where the heck can I find a Repair Laser ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gapper4
x3ap

Where the heck can I find a Repair Laser ?

Post by gapper4 » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 10:59

Title says it all. I'm spending a fortune repairing captured capital ships.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 11:03

Shift+E

There's your repair laser. It's part of your spacesuit.

I don't waste time repairing captured capitals. The time is better spent captureing more capital capital ships.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 11:08

lol, ya, I know about my spacesuit but many ship turrets indicate that they can mount repair lasers, and I assume ship-mounted lasers should be able to repair faster than a guy floating in space holding a pop gun :)

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 11:12

gapper4 wrote:lol, ya, I know about my spacesuit but many ship turrets indicate that they can mount repair lasers, and I assume ship-mounted lasers should be able to repair faster than a guy floating in space holding a pop gun :)
The tractor beam, mining laser and repair laser all share the same slot. Therefore the repair laser shows as a compatible laser, even though it's not something you can buy in the game.

The only one you have is in your suit, and that can't be ejected.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 11:17

I see. So it doesn't exist, then. But the mobile mining laser and tractor beams do, don't they ? Too bad. I was going to capture a Boron flagship of some kind and assign it the ignominous duty of repairing other captured ships.

As you can probably tell, I hate Borons.

scaseman
x3tc

Post by scaseman » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 12:02

If you are happy to have a modified tag. There are scripts to add repair lasers and factories to produce them.

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 12:11

scaseman wrote:If you are happy to have a modified tag. There are scripts to add repair lasers and factories to produce them.
Ah, thanks, I'll look for it.

A bit OT about the "Modified" tag. I don't get it why anyone would mind it. Ok, I understand that adding cheats for things like "add money" and "add ship" to the game is considered, well, "cheating". But there is some much room for improvement in the vanilla game that a lot of mods are simply rectifying obvious problems. My fav so far is "improved boarding". The vanilla menu is horribly clunky and, if you think about it, in real life (or at least within the "real life" of a sci-fi universe), a ship's captain would simply give the board order for his Marines to go while staying focused on ships' positioning and dealing with shields. Yet, this mod will result in a "modified" tag ?

scaseman
x3tc

Post by scaseman » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 12:57

I use loads of mods. I always point it out however as some people are strickly vanilla. A shame in my opinion as they miss so much of the game.

Mr Badger (see below) is quite correct. Its the price of having more options. I do keep a vanilla install for a time when I feel like uploading stats. I did have a top 100 before I started using Mods.
Last edited by scaseman on Mon, 14. Sep 09, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 12:58

If you have the modified tag, you can't upload stats
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 13:24

Guess it makes sense. I can see why including people with mods in the stats would skew the rankings. A shame, though, as many of these mods are works of beauty and truly enhance the game.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 13:27

mrbadger wrote:If you have the modified tag, you can't upload stats
Unless it's changed: You can still upload with the modified tag, but the stats won't be considered for the rankings.

Venutian

Post by Venutian » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 19:29

If you don't mind script, I'd recommend MARS. It is THE script to have for your capital ship turrets and it does come with repair drones. It doesn't repair to 100% but just for capping and selling, it's fast and works well.

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Tue, 15. Sep 09, 07:55

Thanks Venutian, I'll look into it.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 06:11

I earned my modified tag by a genuine mistake, I never used any scripts but I downloaded a Battlestar Galactica ship mod just because I wanted to see what the ships looked like.

I copied my entire Egosoft folder and installed the mod into that and left my vanilla copy alone but even though I took that precaution I still ended up with a modified tag :(

I think what happened was that both TC installations were using the same save game folder in my documents and so as soon as I typed in the there shall be wings thing it immediately gave both my vanilla and BG versions of TC the modified tag and now I'm stuck with it forever.
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

scaseman
x3tc

Post by scaseman » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 11:34

There is a program which enables save file swapping. X3TC Save Game Manager. This may help in the future. If its any consolation I did exactly the same thing that you did and made my saves modified. But it was a blessing in disguise as I now embrace mods completely.

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 15:38

there's also a script to utilize marines onboard to repair ship/station overtime

Destroyer235
x3tc

Post by Destroyer235 » Wed, 23. Sep 09, 17:08

I read something in the manual about being able to repair ships at shipyards.I think that would be better that sitting in space with a tiny laser taking 5 hours to repair the darn thing
Hobbes:How come we play war and not peace?
Calvin:Too few role models

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Wed, 23. Sep 09, 17:18

Destroyer235 wrote:I read something in the manual about being able to repair ships at shipyards.I think that would be better that sitting in space with a tiny laser taking 5 hours to repair the darn thing
Just dock at one, pay up and the ship is fixed. How I fix anything larger than an M3. Expensive though.

M

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 24. Sep 09, 01:12

shireknight wrote:I earned my modified tag by a genuine mistake, I never used any scripts but I downloaded a Battlestar Galactica ship mod just because I wanted to see what the ships looked like.

I copied my entire Egosoft folder and installed the mod into that and left my vanilla copy alone but even though I took that precaution I still ended up with a modified tag :(

I think what happened was that both TC installations were using the same save game folder in my documents and so as soon as I typed in the there shall be wings thing it immediately gave both my vanilla and BG versions of TC the modified tag and now I'm stuck with it forever.
That's not quite how it works. The *modified* tag is saved with the savegames. As long as you don't try to use the same savegame for both vanilla and modified, you only get the *modified* tag in your modified savegame. And only the modded game should generate that tag on a savegame. If you never load a vanilla savegame into the modified game, and save over it, you should have no problems. If you do get that tag starting a new game in vanilla, then your so-called 'vanilla' game isn't.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

patrick hazel

Post by patrick hazel » Tue, 6. Oct 09, 01:23

train your marines to 100% and they will not damage the hull at all :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”