That Boron likes to talk in person

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Paranoid66
x3tc

That Boron likes to talk in person

Post by Paranoid66 » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 12:06

Got an assassination mission the other day and rather amusingly the Boron involved refused to divulge his co-ordinates over the com system.

The critter insisted that I dock (a minor issue at the time) as I was in my Odysseus and his little station could not accomodate. Anyway struggling against the clock I managed to eject and dock in my vacuum suit.

Anyway I was surprised at this one as I had not noticed this behaviour by npc's before and would like to congratulate whoever scripted that one in as it came as a surprise - a nice touch.

Reminded me of having to dock all the time in the bad old days. :)
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Tue, 15. Sep 09, 00:15

Yeah I like that and the picking up of passengers from other ships.
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Fri, 18. Sep 09, 01:05

The given mission will warn you if you look really closely at the mission briefing. There are 3 types of assassination missions: "Just kill the target", "*talk* to a contact and kill the target", and "*Dock* at the station, then talk to the contact, and finally kill the target"

Very annoying, I agree.
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:A wasp can sting you and that just hurts, a hundred stings can be fatal.. and that's before you consider most wasps don't come armed with flamethrowers.
Former Commanding Officer of "Hellbound Handbasket" M7 Panther light Carrier in the mighty fleet of Admiral Leo 'Steve' Kayean.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”