M2 Weapons - X3R

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

M2 Weapons - X3R

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Wed, 30. Sep 09, 03:37

Hey all,
if I have an M2, loaded with many different weapons installed, and others in the bay, how do I get the other weapons to install and fire, as per the following extract from the manual from the bottom of page 60...

"Capital ships can have an extensive array of weaponry and shields fed by their powerful
generators. With large stocks of lasers and missiles they can intelligently use laser loading to
change the class of laser used; so they can fire endlessly or even with the next class down
from the optimum they will still be able to fire three or four times longer. Additionally they can
re-direct power from their very powerful generators, so that the lasers on one side of the ship
can use the energy of the lasers currently not firing on the other side."

Any thoughts.
I am sure I also read this in the TC manual as well.
Does it work and how??
Can an M2 that has Gamma Photon Pulse Cannons, switch to and install HEPT's itself?

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 30. Sep 09, 04:04

Vanilla Reunion doesn't offer any weapon-switching on player ships (although there is an elaborate bug one can exploit to gain the NPC's turret-switching abilities).

Gazz created MARS to carry out this function through the use of scripts.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”