[TC] Incendiary Bomb Launcher

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

L Dawggdiggadee
x3tc

Incendiary Bomb Launcher

Post by L Dawggdiggadee » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 03:09

Can someone tell me where i can locate the Incendiary Bomb Launcher?

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 03:16

Yaki space. The pirates also own a forge somewhere I think.

There are two or three forges ingame and no way to buy forges to build yourself. The game practically forces you to kill stuff or capture stuff in order to get them.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Cappin Winky
x3tc

Post by Cappin Winky » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 03:52

Thanks for this thread, I was wondering this myself.

What is the better way to get IBLs? Befriend the Yaki, and buy them from stations? Or start capping Yaki ships? I suppose i should define "better" as the best way to get a crapload of these :D

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 05:11

Loomanckstrats Legacy near Pirate Anarchy base. Need to hack the station first becuase will be enemy by default.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Venutian

Post by Venutian » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 05:48

For me, getting it as drops was the fastest way. Was getting average of 10 IBL's per killing Akuma in Senator's badlands consistantly. It also seems that killing Akuma with least number of hits is important in ensuring the drops. And best tool for the job is Tyr or Osaka with PSP which is the highest damaging cannon per shot. People say your rank also factors into the chance of dropping so your mileage may vary.

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 06:55

Are ICBLs the flame throwers? Those things hurt worse than anything. Its impossible not to get killed by one if I get to close in a fight. GAME OVER
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 09:01

No, the flame throwers are Plasma Burst Generators. (PBG's) There's a forge in the unknown sector next to PTNI HQ. You'll have to hack it though.
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

jwigeland
x3tc

Post by jwigeland » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 15:31

Totally worth hacking into the PBG forge tho... with eight of those in my Nova Raider I can solo-kill a Q. :twisted:
Q9550 / 3.4GHz
P5Q Deluxe / 400MHz
4GB HyperX DDR2 / 1066MHz
EVGA GTX 580 Superclock

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 16:45

The quickest way to get lots of IBLs is undoubtedly combat. The forrges are slow to produce and produce in small quantities. Go out and smash as many pirate and Yaki big ships as possible and you'll get them. Just don't use missiles with big blast radius (hammerhead & firestorm) as these kill off any drops, as well!

I would say the same applies for PBGs except obviously not big ships. Altho the argument is a bit weaker here as the forges produce slightly higher numbers.

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Burzumoza

Post by Burzumoza » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 17:55

scan m2's for ibl's and when u find one with 32 mounted u go board it, and save/reload til it gives u 32 ibls :P
ship? what ship? i see no ship? WHO SPAWNED THAT DESTROYER!!!!!

pip61
x3tc

Post by pip61 » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 20:04

I dare say combat & captures (particularly against Akumas) may get you IBLs faster. But I chose to befriend the Yaki, to secure a long-term supply.

That took a bit of doing.

First I had to keep checking Yaki space until I found a Pirate base (mine was in Ocracoke's Storm near the S gate - and didn't live long!).
Then keep returning to the PB until I found Hack Station offers.
Hack the Yaki stations, so I can dock and accept missions.
Do Yaki missions until they're friendly.

Finally, invest alot of money in feeder factories in Weaver's Tempest.

As a result of ~2 game days watching & working, and ~200M investment, I now have 40+ IBLs deployed across my fleet.
Another 12 or so in stock, and can cook up another 6 in a couple of hours play by feeding the stations, while I'm doing other things.

It does cramp my style a bit. The Yaki seem to take offence if you take missions against them, and at least destroy your traders in WT. So these missions are best avoided.

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 20:47

pip61 wrote:It does cramp my style a bit. The Yaki seem to take offence if you take missions against them, and at least destroy your traders in WT. So these missions are best avoided.
The last point is why I have avoided building stations in WT so far. I use traders from outside.

But getting access to the stations was easy for me. On my first stroll to Senator's Badlands, I got a taxi mission from the shipyard. This was probably the reason why WT was blue to me from the very beginning. Very rarely, they offer station build missions, but their choices of station are not very useful for me ;).

pip61
x3tc

Post by pip61 » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 21:49

Ulan Dhor wrote:On my first stroll to Senator's Badlands, I got a taxi mission from the shipyard.
Oh you lucky man! :roll:

Long before I got to Yaki space I took an assasination mission:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=224267 which didn't lead the Yaki to try and destroy me and my works, as I originally feared, but left them distinctly unfriendly to me.

I don't complain about that. The opposite in fact; in a 'long-run' game like any of the X series: both actions and circumstance should have consequences.

juliandark

Post by juliandark » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 22:02

Ulan Dhor wrote:
pip61 wrote:ery rarely, they offer station build missions, but their choices of station are not very useful for me ;).
But whats important is that the more stations, the more possible missions. Which leads to faster rep gain!

Ulan Dhor
x3tc

Post by Ulan Dhor » Fri, 2. Oct 09, 22:09

juliandark wrote:
Ulan Dhor wrote:
pip61 wrote:ery rarely, they offer station build missions, but their choices of station are not very useful for me ;).
But whats important is that the more stations, the more possible missions. Which leads to faster rep gain!
No worries, I build the stuff :). I just thought something like a wheat farm would help in that area. I guess the Yaki are lousy farmers :D.

oceanmist667
x3tc

Post by oceanmist667 » Sat, 3. Oct 09, 21:50

pbg are everywhere

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”