Firing the mining laser

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

OEmmett
x3tc

Firing the mining laser

Post by OEmmett » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 14:51

How do I get the mining laser to fire? It is mounted in a ship and I have the fighting command software 1 and 2. An asteroid targeted and squeezing the trigger but the ray will not fire.

The Invader Zim
x3tc

Post by The Invader Zim » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 14:58

Press F1 and press fire again

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 15:12

To elaborate on that. F1 will cycle the camera view on your ship. If your ship has turrets, this is how you can manually control them. Many ships which hold the mining laser, such as TS ships, use back turrets. Pressing F1 once will usually take you there.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Bill Huntington
x3tc

MDS and Hornets

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 21:37

When you press F1, keep pressing until you get to the turret with the MDS. For that matter, make sure that the MDS is mounted in the rear turret (in most cases). If it isn't, use the weapons menu to do so. The MDS has a distinctive icon, like a wrench.

Some freighters can mount the MDS, but don't have enough energy to fire it (??). Avoid all this by using Hornet missiles. Or use an M6, with a big laser reload rate.

I hope this helps.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 13. Oct 09, 22:05

Hello Bill, TS will have the energy for the MDS if they are able to fit it. It is the Tractor Beam that seems to fit on TS but then they don't have the laser energy to fire it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”