The Hammerhead missile and Terran stations

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Evans3rd
x3

The Hammerhead missile and Terran stations

Post by Evans3rd » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 03:17

The Hammerhead missile is the most powerful and dangerous missile in this game. It’s also the most elusive and well… wrong.
I have only found a few of these that have been dropped as wreckage from ships I have destroyed and I mean very few. In Reunion I could collect enough this way that I seldom sought to buy them. In TC I have three. Where do you buy them? Has anyone found a Hammerhead missile factory or a fab kit so I can make them myself?

The encyclopedia description says they are of Terran origin and often used in Terran medium class ships. The only Terran ship that can equip them is the Experimental Shuttle but many of the commonwealth ships can use them if you can find them. Am I missing something?

Is it just my game or are there no Terran station fabs at all in TC.

I have a similar issue with Spectre Missiles. I have found a few at Terran stations but they are not made at any factory and they don’t seem to be getting replenished. I have used up all I have bought early in the game and now there are no more. Again, am I missing something?
Thanks,

Evans3rd

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 03:21

It is not the most dangerous missile in the game any longer. Shadows and Wraiths beat it damage-wise. I guess for Terrans it is obsolete tech leaked to commonwealth :)

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 03:28

Spoiler
Show
If you follow the plots you get to build Terran factories later.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 23:29

kurush wrote:It is not the most dangerous missile in the game any longer. Shadows and Wraiths beat it damage-wise. I guess for Terrans it is obsolete tech leaked to commonwealth :)
I would disagree with that statement. Those two missiles you mentioned do not have a 1+ km area of effect. That's what makes the Hammerhead so dangerous, and the Firestorm next in line. Wiping out whole fleets of smaller ships in one blast is something only those two missiles can do.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 23:46

Where do you buy them? Has anyone found a Hammerhead missile factory or a fab kit so I can make them myself?
You can't buy or build factory for them, the only way to aquire them is by collecting them from salvage. You can buy the next best thing, the Firestorm. You can also build a Firestorm factory also. :)

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 00:06

Nanook wrote:I would disagree with that statement. Those two missiles you mentioned do not have a 1+ km area of effect. That's what makes the Hammerhead so dangerous, and the Firestorm next in line. Wiping out whole fleets of smaller ships in one blast is something only those two missiles can do.
Wraiths actually do have some area effect, although smaller than hammerheads. They manage to nail fighters launching from a J when you hammer J with them. Those 1+ km area effect missiles are mostly dangerous to whoever fires them, lol. At least I didn't have much luck using them for the area effect.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 00:10

kurush wrote:... At least I didn't have much luck using them for the area effect.
Then you haven't got the technique down yet. I just love them for those assassination missions that involve large numbers of corvettes and other fighters. Target the mark from 20+ km and wait for the big boom as most of his fleet goes to 'pirate heaven' with him. :twisted:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 00:15

Nanook wrote: Target the mark from 20+ km and wait for the big boom as most of his fleet goes to 'pirate heaven' with him. :twisted:
That would work. But I am trying to stay pirate-friendly and usually just kill the target and then jump away leaving to the sector defenses to clean up the mess... Xenon and Khaaks don't come in such tight packs.

Evans3rd
x3

Post by Evans3rd » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 03:02

Nanook wrote:
kurush wrote:... At least I didn't have much luck using them for the area effect.
Then you haven't got the technique down yet. I just love them for those assassination missions that involve large numbers of corvettes and other fighters. Target the mark from 20+ km and wait for the big boom as most of his fleet goes to 'pirate heaven' with him. :twisted:
That is why I love the Hammer. Turn off turrets so they don't kill anyone. Fly in a circle to get them all grouped up nicely. Pick a target that is not likely to shoot down the Hammer and launch. Just make sure you have very good shields or can jump away in time to see them all go BOOM!

I found a script that will convert a mosquito factory into a multiple missile factory so that part is solved but it seems the game designers neglected this missile. The Terran ships should be able to use this missile.
Targ Collective wrote:
Spoiler
Show
If you follow the plots you get to build Terran factories later.
That is very good news!
Thanks,

Evans3rd

Wolvan
x4

Post by Wolvan » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 03:46

The encyclopedia description says they are of Terran origin and often used in Terran medium class ships. The only Terran ship that can equip them is the Experimental Shuttle but many of the commonwealth ships can use them if you can find them. Am I missing something?

These missiles are a hold over from Xtended, if I'm not mistaken. In Xtended Terran ships could fit a lot of common wealth stuff but they had some terran made goodies too, the EMPC and their missiles. You can get some of the Xtended missiles in the game (maybe they were even X3R terran misssiles that were only used at the end of the plot, not sure) namely the Hammerhead and Beluga. There may be others, if there are any that have decidedly 'fishy' names it's probably an old terran one. I was very dissapointed that I couldn't fit them on the Terran ships in this game, not being able to loot for ammo hurts!
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little influence on society" - Mark Twain

Evans3rd
x3

Post by Evans3rd » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 04:13

In Reunion I relied heavily on capturing fighters and looting what was dropped from Capital ships I destroyed to make cr. I was disappointed to see that they seldom drop anything now (TC). Just a few missiles it seems and very few Hammerheads compared to Reunion. But that has been balanced out by making it far more lucrative to do patrols, assassinations, building, etc..
The point is that in Reunion I could collect enough of them to make me happy but in TC they are virtually non existent.

BTW, they aren't a MODed missile. In Reunion they show up as an Unknown object that you can sell for 80,000 cr until you buy the Terran weapons systems information. Then they show up as Hammerhead.
Again, I thought the story plot was a bit off concerning the Hammerhead, given the fact that it was a Terran invention and there was no way to get to Earth without a MOD, but I am glad they are in the game. I had hoped they would find a more believable place of existence in the X3 story line by now (TC) but it seems they where almost forgotten instead.
Thanks,

Evans3rd

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”