( Idea ) Photon Torpedos

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mcflurey667
x3tc

( Idea ) Photon Torpedos

Post by mcflurey667 » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 17:30

Hi all, i have never made a mod or anything like that and have almost no experience in modding so if anyone likes this idea feel free to use it ( all i ask is to be credited with the original idea): i was thinking about how you could add Star Trek esq photon torpedos into terran conflict by using the Terran PSP weapon effect and tweaking the colour ( if that is possible ) and scripting it as a missle so basically a RED PSP bolt would come out of your missle bay, obviously you would make it have its own yeild speed and tracking ability etc, you could even make a different coloured one for each race: ARGON : Orange. SPLIT : Red. PARANID : Purple. BORON : Blue. TELADI: Green. you could give them different yeilds names speeds sound effects etc for the different races ones. you could make a message that sends its self to the player once the mod is installed it could say about how a renowned argon scientist developed the technology and pirates hired by the teladi stole a prototype and the teladi have sold it to the other races etc ( Something along those lines anyway ) you could even make 2 versions a lighter ( less damaging but faster) one for M6's and a heavier ( greater damage at reduced speed) one for M7's M2's and M1's, it could be sould at equipment docks and just have a timer on when they spawn or just be always in stock like boarding pods, and if possible script them onto NPC ships to make it seem like the whole universe have got them :D , does this sound like a good idea to anyone or is this just my day dream at work last week lol ?
Glory Be To The Sajuuk Khar

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Wed, 14. Oct 09, 17:54

You can't make a race-specific missile... not without major hassle.
You have to change the loadout of every ship in the game-> new gamestart, incompatible to every new patch or mod that adds/alters ships
You have to create a 4 new missiles (ok not so difficult) with a new galaxy-subtype each (i don't know if this is even possible)
And why does Terran Conflict need photon torpedos?
It already has 4 common Torpedos -
Hammerhead
Firestorm
Tomahawk
Hammer
and of course some terran missiles - i'm not familiar with them.
If you just want different graphics you can change them far easier.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 01:30

My observation is that the photon torpedo is faster than X torpedos and packs more punch per size.

The easiest way to do this is simply choose a missile you dont like, speed it up, make it more powerful, change its model to look like a yellow streak (or whatever), and then price it appropriately.

The missile you choose to change would already be in ships depending on size, and so if you choose the right missile, the ship side isnt needed.

CaptG
x3tc

Post by CaptG » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 01:54

Although they do not look like them exactly, the game already has Matter/Antimatter Launchers, which are essentially the same technology.

If you were to create a missile, they can be shot down, M/AM shots cannot.

The Matter/Antimatter warheads are the same as Photon Torpedoes.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Extreme Q6850 3.0GHz
4GB RAM
PNY GeForce 250L GTS 1GB
Legend, Industrialist

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Thu, 15. Oct 09, 01:56

little late to the party on that one
but ill credit you anyway for the colloring
but they will be laser type weapons
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Mon, 19. Oct 09, 06:05

ok i said that wrong they are more for my Str trek mod (if anyone decides to help) but i have had them a while now and they use a modified incendiary bomb effect moves at 2000 metters a second and make one heck of a blast
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”