mouse sensitivity

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

CalmLlama

mouse sensitivity

Post by CalmLlama » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 10:18

I need to change the mouse sensitivity for both in game and in menus. In the game, flying the ship, i have to move the mouse about a yard to turn the ship 360 degrees, and i have to pick my mouse up 2 or 3 times to move it across the screen when in the menus.

Also, the manual mouse control (for flying the ship) seems to be set up like a first person shooter as opposed to a flight sim. What option do i need to check to change that?

arnak
x3tc

X3 Problem.

Post by arnak » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 12:18

Hi,

You can change your mouse sensitivity in the windows control panel, that may help.

Or you could use a rollerball mouse then you wouldn't have to pick it up.

Arnak
Just remember that Murphy was an optimist!!

i7 4ghz, R290 vid card, 16 gig Ram, W7.

CalmLlama

Post by CalmLlama » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 03:56

There has got to be a way to alter mouse sensitivity. Even if its not in a menu there has to be a file with that information stored in it. The mouse sensitivity is WAY lower than it is for windows, i have my windows mouse sensitivity maxed, i even have a windows tweak program installed that makes my mouse sensitivity a lot higher than whats normally allowed.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 19. Oct 09, 04:50

If the issue is what I believe it is, it's a problem that has affected a small number of people over the lifetime of the game (me included) and Egosoft haven't been able to reproduce it (and therefore haven't been able to fix it, either.)

For me, changing the mouse I used was enough to fix it.

BTW, there is no mouse sensitivity setting for the game. It's all hardcoded.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 19. Oct 09, 06:45

Tried this?

CalmLlama

Post by CalmLlama » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 06:15

Well this sucks, i wasted my money on this game... wish i could return it.

purplekrunk
x4

Post by purplekrunk » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 18:05

:evil: OK!!!! come on Egosoft this is getting rediculus. I have had this game for a while and it is great, but the mouse issue is now effecting me, and I would love to see a solve on this. I have narrowed it down to something seriously wrong with the hard code for the mouse resetting after going through a jumpgate, or after using a jumpdrive. I have a logitech Trackman, and a microsoft trackball BOTH, and BOTH do the following:

I use "SETPOINT" by logitech and turn the mouse to MAXIMUM sensitivity.

I load the game.

I load a saved game.

I can now pilot my ship with advanced mouse capability, and setpoint will detect that the game is running and overwrite seensitivity settings dicatated by the game.

This works FINE until you leave a sector, or until you jump to the next sector.

logitec mouse sensitivity goes to 1/8 its prior speed

microsoft mouse sensitivity goes to 1/4 is prior speed.

Turn rate is always limited by the speed of turning on the ship, but mouse sensitivity should be static and not changed by the game.

I still have not found a way to reset my mouse from sector to sector, but when i do i will surely post it here.

needless to say I will be mighty dissapointed if I dont see a fix for this somewhere.

purplekrunk
x4

Post by purplekrunk » Wed, 25. Nov 09, 18:33

TEMPORARY FIX FOR THE MOUSE SESITIVITY BUG!!!!

woot!!! after much testing this is the combination!

TARGET SOMETHING!!! anything. doesn't matter. THEN! cut autopilot on and then off!! mouse is reset!

problem: each time you target something else the mouse screws up again

solution: each time you target something else cut the autopilot on.

each time you kill something turn autopilot on

if you want to fly around with nothing targeted you will have a problem unless you have JUST loaded the game.

Mouse issues start after leaving a sector while not targeting anything

EGOSOFT patchers! we all know that you have done something to the mouse controls in REGS.whatever to attempt to force people to use a joystick instead of a mouse, and i say fix it. the mouse must be using some universal fraction, and it is stacking within the game.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”