Asteroid problem X3R

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Nightmare

Asteroid problem X3R

Post by The Nightmare » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 17:02

there is a XI in Eighteen Billion one problem...
there are too much little asteoids in wich the battle takes place and i can't complete the XI because the asteroids are lagg
i push the triger and 10 sec after that it fires!
so i need to remove thme but how??? i tried collecting them but they are just too many
Don't anyone move....or ill fill ya with little yellow bolts of light
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amcyqMpO ... o_response

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 17:28

You can issue your ships commands to break up the small ones if you have the right software installed but that can make the problem worse until the job is finished and it can take weeks if not months to clear the sector. as for the big asteroids, simply put a mine on them and then self destruct.

Seems like you have the same problem I used to have with large battles, I tended to ram the big ships with my yacht and then jump out and fight the rest oos, worked pretty well for those invasion missions.
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 17:43

Modded game? There is a script "Remove rocks" which will do what you want. Available in the Script/Mods Library IIRC.

M

The Nightmare

Post by The Nightmare » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 17:43

the big ones are not such a issue there were some large asteroids that form many Xi were broken up to itsy bitsy asteroids and theres a cloud of asteroids where is the XI i need clean part of them so i can manage to kill the 2 J's

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 18:06

In my last game (where I was rich and stuff), I dealt with annoying asteroids in a sector I was using by placing cheap mines on the asteroids, then self destructing them.

This isn't recommended if the asteroids are good ones though, only low yeild ones you won't miss are suitable.

Mobile mining ships are also good for clearing sectors of rocks. I have five mobile miners at the moment, and I plan to increase that fleet to 20-30 when I can afford it.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

The Nightmare

Post by The Nightmare » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 18:13

i want to keep it unmodified and mrbadger seem to got misslead the big asteroids where i can put mines and stuff aren't the problem i mean getting rid of the small that can and little bigger than them so i can't put a mine on them

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 18:43

Apart from getting a pair of ships to collect all the rocks (not feasible in the middle of an XI) or blowing them up (PSG is probably the best weapons for this - just beware friendly fire) there is no magic way to vanish all the rocks, I am afraid. You could get another ship set on attack rocks to try to clear them out while you lurk out of sector? That's about all the ways I can think of. Unless you want to upgrade your computer!

M

The Nightmare

Post by The Nightmare » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 19:08

didn't think of the PSG ill try that :lol:
thanks for the anwers all

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 17. Oct 09, 21:23

maphys wrote:You could get another ship set on attack rocks to try to clear them out while you lurk out of sector?
Bonuspack "Attack Rocks" can either break rocks to collectibles, or destroy them altogether. Destroying is quicker than collecting.
Bonuspack "Collect Minerals" can collect effectively.

Either way, you would use an OOS fleet to do it. And you would not do it while the Xenon are still around.

So how to end the Invasion? Leave and let the helpers finish them off. Nightmare, do you already have jumping J(s)? Write down its ship ID and go to the center of X347 (if the framerate is bearable there). You should be able to find the invading J(s).

After the invasion, set ships to do the cleanup, and pray the Almighty Random Number Generator that it keeps picking the other sectors until you get the rocks out.

Xenon do use Hornets. Hornet can break Asteroids. Fair chance to see stray Hornet in Invasion. And fight in New Income is always near the Asteroids. Though, motherload in Getsu got blown once in my game, and my stray Typhoons pissed a Mine in Thynn's; both targets a bit farther off.

The Nightmare

Post by The Nightmare » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 09:15

i didn't know the J's go to the nearby sector and they wait there ortherwise ill have no problem :lol:
the whole issue is that i can't kill the J's because of the asteroids
thanks again ill let ya know if works :D

The Nightmare

Post by The Nightmare » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 12:58

that was the most short lived and well paid XI i ever had :lol:
i wanna thank ya all again for the trouble you saved me :P

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 13:02

The Nightmare wrote:i want to keep it unmodified and mrbadger seem to got misslead the big asteroids where i can put mines and stuff aren't the problem i mean getting rid of the small that can and little bigger than them so i can't put a mine on them
As I said, mobile miners collect up that stuff.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 18:22

The Nightmare wrote:that was the most short lived ... XI i ever had :lol:
Sorry, I should have used spoilers, shouldn't I? :oops:

Now, get those pebbles out, so you can fight for fun again!

The Nightmare

Post by The Nightmare » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 19:12

what fun will it be when you can't catch the J because of the too much lagg
ill use this as a last resort and i just bought an M2 and it be more fun :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”