Rep with Boron

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rhadamant
x4

Rep with Boron

Post by Rhadamant » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 04:35

Boron sort of hates me in x3tc 2.5 because I started as the assassin. What is a good way besides hunting Yaki/Pirates in Boron sectors to raise my rep? What race are they at war with?

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 04:37

split.

Your real answer is to find a convoy that is heading towards boron space (alternatively, a patrol mission)

The convoy enters boron space, and spawns you tons of xenon (well, if you get a xenon one) to blow up, this should easily increase your rep enough.

Rhadamant
x4

Post by Rhadamant » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 04:40

The Boron don't really offer me any missions, if you know what I mean.

Took your advice, I am now a confirmed adversary (and can do missions!!!)!

After one patrol mission I went from Confirmed Adversary to Queen's Guard.

I skipped Antagonist, Acquaintance, Friend, Accepted Friend, Trusted Courtier and Noble Peer in one mission. LOL.

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 05:30

True freedom. Verily, the Boron forgive and forget, you are truly blessed.

Building stations in neutral territory to trade with them could be another option. Trading in illegals with pirates works even if they are very hostile to you, as smugglers are really pirates but won't attack. ;)
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 09:20

Rhadamant wrote:The Boron don't really offer me any missions, if you know what I mean.
They won't offer you any missions in their space, maybe, but it's always possible to find some random Boron a long way from home who WILL offer you a mission. It'll probably be a "go here and destroy this convoy" one, which will damage your rep with the target race, but them's the breaks!

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 21:12

pjknibbs is correct, but that isn't the only missions they offer.

I got a Boron Mission to scan 8 asteroids in Teladi space. Did pretty well, too.

Promptly after finishing that mission, A Split offered to give me scans for the rest of the field :lol:
-- GD

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”