Any thing interesting about the new patch?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gswine
x3ap

Any thing interesting about the new patch?

Post by Gswine » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 05:44

I've not had a chance to run the TC 2.5 patch yet and probably won't this weekend. Any insight into it about could be useful once I do.

I'm reading posts about boarding but nothing on anything else. Have there been any noticeable improvements to the game other than a rebalance of boarding?

Also in regards to marines, if ships containing large numbers of passengers can be boarded and these passengers can eventually be processed into marines, do you not get a random chance of repopulating the marine ranks with decent fighters or do they all start with 0 stats for fighting?
She was right. Selection B4, His most recent hit, 'Nowhere Nuthin' ****-up,' a sentimental number.

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 05:55

Marines are more meatshields and less crack troopers. Look on it this way - Egosoft took all the impossibility of boarding Xenon craft and spread that same mass of hurt equally across all vessels.

So Xenon are just Very Hard rather than Impossible. Unfortunately, so are the races' ships. Nuklear-Slug found it easy enough boarding civilian TLs so unless that was a fluke you can still prey on civvies for a profit. Of course, a Supply TL did not fare so well!

The Personnel screen and the ability to turn bits of complexes off at will mean top-heavy complex designs are at last a possibility though. On balance, unless you use boarding as a primary source of income, I'd say go patch.

If you do use boarding as a primary source of income, go patch, and remember: Civilian TLs=profit, usually, and military ships=challenge.

More or less as it should be.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

AfterburnerRex
x3tc

Some nice items

Post by AfterburnerRex » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 07:42

I like the new property interface, it adds another tab for marines so now you can see who you own and where they are. The option to train all marine skills is nice (minus the boarding sucks rant)

Its nice to be able to do things with the factories in your complex all-be-it only turning them on and off.

I used to get hammered by the memory leak after 10 or more hours of play. (8 Gigs of DDR3 1066) I would lose my hud and the games frame rate would drop to about 1 frame a min. There would be no way to save or recover.

The memory leak is not totally fixed for me, I still had a issue after many hours of play, i got the lost hud and the shot frame rate. But this time the game recovered, i was able to save and play after. I still reloaded the game just to be safe.

The game over all seems to run smoothly, that's an improvement.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 12:16

Huge improvements on the property screen - really helps me handle larger fleets/empires. The factory controls are really neat as well. They've also done something under the hood - my CPU whirr is MUCH quieter! Given how much rubbish I have managed to remove from my properties screen and the modifications I have made to get some annoying flashing complexes back under control I won't be going back to 2.1. But I won't be boarding anything either...

M

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sun, 18. Oct 09, 12:40

A couple of extra turret attack options have been added:-

Attack Capital ships - attacks M6 and up I think
Attack Fighters.

This is very usefull if you're flying a larger ship like a Panther and
you have both IBL and Flak fitted or any ship when you have a
mix of heavy and anti-fighter weapons on board.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”